Saturday, January 25, 2014

Piano, Games, Batons & Grandparents

After leaving Utah, Eric's parents came and stayed with us for a couple of days before heading down to Arizona to visit more family. They are easy-peasy house guests, who basically entertain my children the entire time they are here.
We played, multiple, multiple games.



Although the men did join us eventually I posted this picture on Instagram with the caption: "My idea of game time vs their idea of game time."



Whenever they are here, Eric's mom (LeAnne) teaches Megan a few more things on the piano and gently encourages her to learn to play. And it finally worked! Megan consented to piano lessons and has had TWO so far.



Sade did a little jig to the music:



Like piano playing, LeAnne can also get Megan to do other things that I could never get her to do. Like baton twirling:



Just think of all the things I could Megan to do if they visited more often!

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I love fun grandparents! Baton twirling is an amazing and underrated skill to have :) I am so glad Megan is taking piano, so awesome!

Rachael said...

How cute is Eric's mom!!!!! She is seriously adorable!!! What game are you playing with dice?
Who is Megan taking piano from? That is awesome and please don't let her quit! I kick myself for letting Alexis quit!!!

The Hardy's said...

Grandmas are the best! Yours is especially cool. I wish I could twirl a baton. :)