Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Years Eve 2013

After visiting my grandma in Idaho, we headed over to Riverdale (also in Idaho) to do a little swimming in the hot springs. I insisted we do this activity since I thought my kids should experience it in the dead of winter, but man I was scared. It was seriously, seriously cold and the thought of getting into swimming suits, walking outside to the pools, AND THEN MOST HORRENDOUSLY getting out again and having to change clothes, sounded torturous. But it sounded fun too, so we went.
 
The chilly walk in:
 
 
Waiting to enter the great unknown, aka, outside:
 
 
Success!
 
 
We spent about an hour enjoying the pools, then rushed back to the dressing rooms to change.  The dressing rooms felt downright hot after being outside, so it wasn't as bad as we all feared.
 
We found out when we arrived at the hot springs that a band was playing inside a heated building on the property so we went to watch them for a while. IT WAS GREAT AND I COULD HAVE STAYED ALL NIGHT. It reminded me of all the time I spent in high school going to local gigs (that's what we called them).
 
 
The kids (Megan) did not share my excitement. She looked fairly tortured the entire time, and shot me angry looks whenever I did a little dancing.
 
Tortured look:
 
 
I think the rest of us rather enjoyed it. There was even crowd interaction. My mom and Jackson both participated, but my girls refused.
 
 
We stayed for only one set as we had even more fun plans to attend to. Dinner and a fireworks show, called "Cul-de-sac of fire" that Grandpa Ken had planned. It was impressive!
 
 
Around 11:30 p.m., after the show we headed back to the hotel to ring in the new year from our beds. Jackson had developed a stomach ache so he went right to sleep, but the girls made it:
 
 
This was my very favorite New Years Eve in quite sometime, if not ever.

2 more to go!


3 comments:

Rachael said...

I bet the Hot Springs felt great! I could just imagine Alexis DYING if I started dancing...which of course I never would do!!! You are an awesome mom though!

Kellie DeMille said...

I am so sad about Megan. You are in a place where no one knows you, get crazy! Let your Mom dance and be a nut, dance yourself and have fun. I think of all the time I wasted being a punk teenager and regret a lot of it!
I love "cul de sac of fire"! Totally awesome! What a fun New Years!!

The Hardy's said...

The hot springs look so fun. The dancing made me smile. What a fun new years!