Saturday, December 28, 2013

Gardens and Villages

I always have grand plans of taking the kids to every Christmas event there is, but always fall short. And this year we fell way, way short. But in our defense this December was unusually packed with extracurricular activities like lots of basketball games and volleyball practices. So I'm cutting myself some slack.
One thing we were determined to do was to visit Santa's Village. However when we arrived we discovered that the Santa who had been decorating his house for it for the past 30 years died this summer! No more Santa's village.

The kids all wrote a remembrance or a thank you on the sign. Sade wrote, "This was my favorite place to come."



The only other place we visited were the Cactus Gardens.



Chillaxin:



There were actually some workers there making chocolate, which we have never seen. Talk about excitement! Check out the ghostly windowed picture of Sade.



The Cactus Gardens are cool every single year.

3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Your pictures are so cute! I love all the lights in the background. We have never been to the cactus garden--next year for sure!

Kellie DeMille said...

Oh my heck! How sad about Santa's Village! The cactus gardens are always fun, I am on hiatus from them until they fence the cacti or my kids are bigger. I can't take the stress :) How fun to see workers working on the chocolate. That would be the worst job ever. I wonder if they have cameras on the people to see if they are snacking while working. I wouldn't last a day there:)

Rachael said...

Where is this Santa's Village? Ethel M's is cool.
We fell soooooo short this year on doing things....Besides driving around and looking at Christmas Lights I don't believe we did one thing! PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!