I heard the kids get up around 6, but then promptly fell into the sleep of the dead until they came to wake us up at 7:20.
Santa came!



As per usual, we started with stockings and then took a break for breakfast.


The kids received these balloons in their stockings which they couldn't get enough of:


Tucker could somehow tell exactly what gifts were his and was going crazy trying to get to them, so we let him go next:


I have a parenting theory. It being that if you strongly forbid something, then kids will obsess about it and want it even more. Well, about a year ago I saw the Monster High dolls, thought they were weird and scary looking and told Sadie I wouldn't buy them for her. Well, guess what toy she has been obsessed with every since? So, for Christmas she got 5 of them!

She also received lots of games, books, and arts and craft supplies:




Jackson received lots of books, HotWheels cars, a roller coaster building set, games, and iTunes gift cards:



The number one item on his list was Disney Infinity, which I totally forgot to give him. As we were cleaning up Eric whispered the reminder to me and I had to go and find where I had hidden it in the garage! I also found a shirt for Megan I had totally forgotten about. My mind!
He was happy to receive it.


Megan received, clothes, clothes, and more clothes. Plus lots of accessories like scarves, make-up, and gift cards:




Jackson and Eric opening their new Seahawks hats from me:



Eric and I received lots of things too, especially things we needed, like new knives, scissors, and bedside lamps, along with some items that were more on the fun side:

The opening aftermath:

I just love Christmas morning!
We spent the afternoon opening and playing with toys:



Then went and had dinner with our Baird friends. Amy's mom made her traditional Bean Soup that she makes every Christmas.

This happened while we were there. It's marker, but washed right off!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
As per usual, we started with stockings and then took a break for breakfast.
The kids received these balloons in their stockings which they couldn't get enough of:
Tucker could somehow tell exactly what gifts were his and was going crazy trying to get to them, so we let him go next:
I have a parenting theory. It being that if you strongly forbid something, then kids will obsess about it and want it even more. Well, about a year ago I saw the Monster High dolls, thought they were weird and scary looking and told Sadie I wouldn't buy them for her. Well, guess what toy she has been obsessed with every since? So, for Christmas she got 5 of them!
She also received lots of games, books, and arts and craft supplies:
Jackson received lots of books, HotWheels cars, a roller coaster building set, games, and iTunes gift cards:
The number one item on his list was Disney Infinity, which I totally forgot to give him. As we were cleaning up Eric whispered the reminder to me and I had to go and find where I had hidden it in the garage! I also found a shirt for Megan I had totally forgotten about. My mind!
He was happy to receive it.
Megan received, clothes, clothes, and more clothes. Plus lots of accessories like scarves, make-up, and gift cards:
Jackson and Eric opening their new Seahawks hats from me:
Eric and I received lots of things too, especially things we needed, like new knives, scissors, and bedside lamps, along with some items that were more on the fun side:
The opening aftermath:
I just love Christmas morning!
We spent the afternoon opening and playing with toys:
Then went and had dinner with our Baird friends. Amy's mom made her traditional Bean Soup that she makes every Christmas.
This happened while we were there. It's marker, but washed right off!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
4 comments:
Emma got a Monster High doll from a cousin. I made her take it back because they creep me out...lol. She didn't really want it anyway fortunately it wasn't a battle.
I think those dolls are creepy too and am glad Alexis was too old when they came out to want one. My main question is...WHERE DID YOU GET THAT RED AND WHITE POLKA DOT WRAPPING PAPER!? I saw some just like that at Great Harvest (their fake presents were wrapped in it) and I loved it!!!!
We do the same thing...stockings and then break for breakfast and then do presents after!
Looks like a fun day!
Those balloons look like so much fun. And I loved the wrapping paper too. Way cute.
What a fun Christmas!! I love Tucker posing on the couch with the stockings. I think our kids would die if we braked for breakfast. It is a free for all Christmas morning over here. Nickel would have lost it over those balloons. She cannot handle balloons of any kind. Kind of a freaky dog :) Taylor is obsessed with monster high dolls. Santa brought a few. Who did that to poor Sadie's face? And on Christmas no less! I'm glad it washed off!!
Post a Comment