The first order of business on any given day in December is to find Max the elf. On the 12th we found out that he had stolen a camera and Eric's cell phone and had then taken numerous self-portraits. He is hilarious.
Megan was selling hot chocolate before school for a fundraiser, so she left even earlier than usual. During breakfast Jackson and Sadie played a game called, "Who can burp the realest sounding fake burp." And yes, that is the actual name.
Megan makes her own lunch before leaving, so I only have to pack Jackson's, along with a snack for Sadie. We had been out of bread for a few days, so I think Jackson was on at least day 2 of apples with peanut butter.
It had been bitter cold for a solid week, but by the 12th it was starting to warm up, and we were blessed with a very mild, cloud free day.
While Sade was at Kinder, I did some online shopping. I probably did at least 85% of my Christmas shopping online this year, and couldn't be happier about it.
Kinder pick-up!
Sade has become an accomplished reader as of late (at a 5 year old level) so she read me this Biscuit book on the way home.
She was REALLY, REALLY excited to bring it to school the next day to read it to her class. When she arrived the next day, there was another boy that had brought a book to read also, and he went first. It turns out that he decided to read THE EXACT SAME BOOK as Sadie. What are the chances?! We all thought it was hilarious.
For lunch Sade had her customary tomato, along with some leftover bread and dip I had made for the annual Favorite Things Party that was held a couple of days before.
Soon we headed back to the school to pick-up Megs. Sade makes the wait time entertaining.
After picking up both Megan and Jackson we delivered doughnuts to two individuals at the school that we really appreciate, for one of our December acts of kindness.
Car craziness after picking up the mail.
By the way, I have had that microwave sitting in the back of my car for at least a month. Apparently delivering it from my car to my garage is too much for me.
After dinner and a trip to Sam's Club with my boyfriend, we came home and worked on another act of service before bed.
You may notice an absence of Megan in the pictures. She was, shall we say, having a day on this particular Thursday, and therefore was not too keen on any picture taking or family time in general.
3 comments:
Oh my heck, what am I going to do with 3 teenage girls? What if they all have "days" on the same day? The kids keep asking why our elf doesn't play any tricks. I tell them he is too nice (that is code for Mom is too tired). I love how fun your elf is. What healthy lunches those are! They make Tyson's look sad :) I am so sad I missed my 12x12 this month. I was doing so good there. I will get back to it in the new year. I will make it my 2014 resolution :)
I love that Max took pictures of himself! Hilarious! Great idea!!!
I too did most of my shopping online and was embarrassed by how many boxes were in my trash! Spoiled!!!!!
Your kiddos are so creative and entertaining. I love all of the things they come up with. I'm going to join Kellie's new years resolution and try the 12x12 for 2014. I'll probably remember to do it on the 13th. :)
Post a Comment