Monday, January 27, 2014

Charter Basketball

This year Jackson played on a new charter school basketball league that his school is a part of. It was the first season so there were quite a few hiccups and frustrations (including games being canceled after you have driven 40 minutes to get there), but watching Jackson play was so much fun it made up for the inconveniences.
 
During Jacksons first season of team basketball I noticed that he lacked a bit of aggression. But not this season! This season he wasn't afraid to get in other players personal space to defend against them or steal the ball.



Offense:






A stolen ball and a breakaway!



Free-throw shooting:



Their team was made up of 3rd and 4th graders, co-ed, and won about half of their games, with final scores looking a lot like this:



But man it was fun.

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Is it awful that I am thankful my son has no interest in basketball? I guess everyone has to have a sport they love and basketball is just not mine. I do love all the pictures of Jackson in action though. It makes all the frustration worth it to see your boy out there having a blast. You are a good Mom to deal with all the first year charter school craziness!

Rachael said...

I agree with Kellie...Basketball does nothing for me! I want the pictures of your cute cheerleaders!

The Hardy's said...

Awesome basketball playing!