I have many favorite things when it comes to Somerset, including the number of field trips they get to take. This year Jacksons class has visited The Children's Museum, The Natural History Museum, and The Smith Center to watch "The Stinky Cheese Man."
And then a couple of Thursdays ago he was able to go with the entire third grade to Seastrand Park to participate in a large scale outdoor sports and water related activity that the third grade teachers planned. I have not been able to attend any of the other field trips (as I have Sade still at home with me), but since she could come with me, I was able to sign up for part of this one.
I had the best job ever: Walking Volunteer.
Which meant all I had to do was walk with the kids to Seastrand at 8:30 and then walk them back to school at 1. The rest of the time I was able to sit back and watch them have fun.
Sponge Race:





Tug of War:

The boys against girls race that the boys ended up losing when their teacher stepped in to help the girls:



Basketball relay:



Soccer relay:

They also had a 3-legged race, water balloon games (plus a water balloon fight with the teachers), spray bottle fight, human knot, playground time, plus lots of snacks. However, I missed all of these because I had to get Sadie ready and take her to her last day of preschool.
While at the school I took the opportunity to snap a picture of Jacksons name on the A.R. Wall of Fame.

It makes my heart happy that Jackson is a reader. It also made my heart happy to see the names of 4 other kids we know who had made it to the level of Honors Reader too.
All of the Honors Reader honorees:


I find these volunteer stickers hilariously ridiculous:

Although I do concede that is looks just like me!
I had the best job ever: Walking Volunteer.
Which meant all I had to do was walk with the kids to Seastrand at 8:30 and then walk them back to school at 1. The rest of the time I was able to sit back and watch them have fun.
Sponge Race:
Tug of War:
The boys against girls race that the boys ended up losing when their teacher stepped in to help the girls:
Basketball relay:
Soccer relay:
They also had a 3-legged race, water balloon games (plus a water balloon fight with the teachers), spray bottle fight, human knot, playground time, plus lots of snacks. However, I missed all of these because I had to get Sadie ready and take her to her last day of preschool.
While at the school I took the opportunity to snap a picture of Jacksons name on the A.R. Wall of Fame.
It makes my heart happy that Jackson is a reader. It also made my heart happy to see the names of 4 other kids we know who had made it to the level of Honors Reader too.
All of the Honors Reader honorees:
I find these volunteer stickers hilariously ridiculous:
Although I do concede that is looks just like me!
1 comment:
Wow, what a fun field trip! I was a little weirded out at first about Somerset's field trips and now I think they are awesome. I think it was the rented buses and the cost. I promise I am smart, but when I saw the AR reader names I thought they were odd shaped teeth. (Yes, I am obsessed with teeth and see them everywhere, even when they are clearly stallions) I'm new to the AR reading program as Tyson refuses to read. I am very envious of Jackson's love of reading! I would know that black blob picture anywhere! Sarah McClellan strikes again :)
Post a Comment