Monday, May 13, 2013

12 X 12 - May 2013

My first three pictures take place early Sunday morning before 2:30 a.m.! I find it virtually impossible to go to bed before 1 a.m. on a Saturday night. I am a firm believer that Saturday nights are made for staying up late, and nobody can tell me different.
I had finished a book on Friday night, and had not yet started a new one, so early Sunday morning, while waiting for Eric to come to bed (he isn't an early to bed individual either), I caught up on some magazine reading. I happened to read two articles from a March issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, that detailed life with interesting, so-called unconventional mothers, which I thought it was apropos to be reading on Mother's Day morning.



Tucker sleeps in a kennel beside my side of the bed. I generally allow him to hang out on my bed while reading, but make him go to his bed when it is time to go to sleep. In this picture he is listening to me tell him to go to his bed, and is trying to decide if he will obey or not. He did, but it took him a few seconds.



Then at 2:17 a.m. (I looked) Tucker woke me up with some whimpering and whining. He is an excellent sleep through the nighter, and has never done this, but apparently he had forgotten to go to the bathroom before bed and just couldn't hold it anymore. Luckily after a quick trip outside he was satisfied.

While waiting for him to come in I spied Sade asleep in our room. She has not been an excellent sleep through the nighter lately, and after being woken up too many times in the middle of the night, Eric and I finally caved and made her up a bed on our floor. That way when she comes in in the middle of the night she doesn't have to wake me up. This could quite possibly turn into something I regret, but I'm tired people!



I have lots of pictures about Mother's Day so that will get it's own special post.

After getting ready for church Jackson made a soda tower that he was quite proud of. This face depicts him saying, "Oh yeah. I'm cool."



 After a Mother's Day morning filled with breakfast and presents, and soda towers, we set off for church. All of Eric's meetings were canceled on Sunday, so we all left to go to church together!



As a special Mother's Day treat to all of the women in the Ward, all of the men, Young Women and Young Men took over the primary and nursery so all of the women could go to Relief Society! I haven't been to Relief Society in 6 years so it was a real treat for me. I was surprised to find lots of my friends are back row sitters. I most assuredly am not, but of course I sat back there with them anyway.



Upon arriving home we discovered Tucker covered in purple. Eric finally deduced that Tucker must have stolen a purple crayon, taken it outside, where it melted, and then stuck his nose and paws in it.



Eric and Megan regaling me with stories about teaching Primary.



Eric was in charge of the 4 year olds, while Megan took over my class, the 5 year olds. They both had interesting experiences and I think I could even go so far to say that they were eye opening as well. 4 and 5 year olds ain't no joke!

While Eric and I made linner (what we call lunch and dinner), Sade and Meg played a little Guess Who:



It must have been too much excitement for Sadie because afterwards she promptly fell asleep on the couch.



For dinner we had tilapia, feta cheese dip, corn on the cob, and watermelon. Amazingly it was a meal that every single person ate. Even Jackson! After dinner, I sat down on the couch (Holla - Mother's Day), while Eric, and the kids, but mostly Eric, cleaned the kitchen.



I ended up falling asleep on the couch (unprecedented, the excitement must have been too much for me too), but ended up waking up in time to spend the evening outside.



It was gorgeous weather, but we are currently in the process of letting all of our grass die so we can put in the basketball court, so I don't exactly enjoy spending time out there. It is just so hideous!

See Mother's Day post below.......

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I wish I could stay up late like I used to, having kids has ruined me and taking care of the guys has made me a begrudging morning person. So yeah to you and Eric for living the dream, I don't think I've seen 1am on purpose in a long time. I love that Eric and Megan were traumatized by primary, it's not for the faint of heart! What a fun dinner! The best part of my day is not having to cook but Jason always acts like he is dying in the kitchen so I have to go in there and save him. This year was no exception :)

Rachael said...

I almost miss doing 12x12's...almost! I'm glad it was Mothers Day though!!! Church was great and I wish I would have gotten a good picture of all of us in the back row! It was my last Sunday with you all!!!!!!! :(