Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Turning Over A New Leaf

It appears I may be slightly obsessed with taking pictures of my kids playing in leaves? Not only do I have quite a few from our foray to Floyd Lamb, but it seems I also took scads while we were in Flagstaff this weekend.

Anyway.......Upon awakening on our first full day in Arizona we headed outside to enjoy the cool but mild weather in Flagstaff. There was an awesome area with thousands of leaves right next to our hotel.

Lots of leaf jumping, leaf burying, and leaf tossing took place:



Meg and Tuck (who was not all that fond of having leaves thrown on him):



Sade ended up with cute leaf hair accessories:



Of course there was also time for a little football.



In related good news, Jackson informed us that he does not find football as boring as he used to. Apparently he didn't really understand the rules all that well (parenting fail), but now that he does he enjoys it.

I'm happy for Eric.

4 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I don't think I have ever taken the kids to play in the leaves. So you have inspired me to go to Floyd Lamb park this Saturday and do just that! I can't wait to see if they like it :) I can't believe Jackson thought football was boring! In what other sport are you encouraged to tackle people? Well besides wrestling, but football has much better outfits :)

Rachael said...

Eli has been told for years he isn't allowed to play football...poor thing. He was in heaven when we went to San Francisco for Thanksgiving because all the cousins and uncles went to the park and played....it was hit favorite part of the trip!
Poor child!! Born in the wrong family!

Rachael said...

And I mean as a sport....he can play around with kids but not in HS or an organized sport. Its the same with wrestling too! We are meanies!

The Hardy's said...

Playing in leaves=tons of fun. Raking leaves all fall=no fun. It's great to play in someone else's leaves!