While in Arizona we made some time to do a little geocaching.
FYI: We have now successfully found 96 geocaches!
After finding one by the Deer Farm, we headed over to Kaibab Lake to find a few more. What we thought was going to be a leisurely jaunt around the lake, turned into an intense uphill trek where we faced unforeseen obstacles, such as a whiny 4 year old and a dog covered in burrs.
Harrowing I tell you!
The uphill trek:


Eric to the rescue carrying a burr covered Tucker:

Whiny 4 year old:

I tried to give her another pep-talk, this time reminding her of the Little Engine That Could, but it backfired on me and she chanted, "I Think I Can't, I Think I Can't" for the remainder of the hike.


We finally made it to the cache!


Further evidence of Jacksons inability to take a serious picture:




The trek back down:


Although we had planned to do a bit more geocaching, we instead headed back to Williams to take care of little Tucky-Wucky.

It took some scissors, a lot of patience, a lot of time, and a lot of clipped off fur, but he finally emerged burr free.
Thus ends our mini 2 day vacation to AZ.
After finding one by the Deer Farm, we headed over to Kaibab Lake to find a few more. What we thought was going to be a leisurely jaunt around the lake, turned into an intense uphill trek where we faced unforeseen obstacles, such as a whiny 4 year old and a dog covered in burrs.
Harrowing I tell you!
The uphill trek:
Eric to the rescue carrying a burr covered Tucker:
Whiny 4 year old:
I tried to give her another pep-talk, this time reminding her of the Little Engine That Could, but it backfired on me and she chanted, "I Think I Can't, I Think I Can't" for the remainder of the hike.
We finally made it to the cache!
Further evidence of Jacksons inability to take a serious picture:
The trek back down:
Although we had planned to do a bit more geocaching, we instead headed back to Williams to take care of little Tucky-Wucky.
It took some scissors, a lot of patience, a lot of time, and a lot of clipped off fur, but he finally emerged burr free.
Thus ends our mini 2 day vacation to AZ.
2 comments:
I chant the same thing when I look at the treadmill! That Sadie is hilarious :) Poor Tucker! That looks awful. Are you planning something big for your 100th geocaching?
Poor baby!!!
Post a Comment