It is hard for me to get up every single morning! My alarm goes off at 7 and then I stay in bed until 7:20 at which time I HAVE to get up or we will all be late. 95% of the time the kids are already awake, but yesterday I had the privilege of waking Miss Sade up for breakfast.
Still sleepy:

Jackson chose to have Cheerios for breakfast and then decided to fancy them up with this green ribbon:

While the kids got ready I made their lunches and admired the gifts I took home from a favorite things party I attended the night before:

Eric saying goodbye to Megan:

He was headed to California for work. Next to Satudays, Wednesdays are my least favorite day for him to be out of town. With scouts and young women's I feel like they are so darn busy!
It was my turn to drive carpool!

Sade and I after dropping everyone off:

Upon arriving home I snapped this picture of Max our elf. He was taking a ride on a balloon animal airplane that I spent hours making. Just kidding, we got it at Chilis on Tuesday night.

I spent the majority of the day doing various stay at home mom related duties. Namely cleaning and hanging with Sade:

Do you see the outfit I am wearing in the above picture? I have crossed a line and now find it acceptable to wear it everywhere and anywhere. To drive carpool, run to the grocery store, take Sadie to pre-school, even wearing it to Chilis the night before.
It is just so crazy comfortable and WARM.
And I am impervious to judgment about it and refuse to change my ways!
The only reason I am not wearing it today is because it is in the washing machine.
I am currently wearing jeans and am miserable.
In other news, yesterday was bathtime for Tucker:

After picking the kids up from school I discovered that Jackson had received 5 dog tags and 5 awards for his 70 accelerated reader points!

To celebrate (not really-Jackson hates doughnuts) we headed over to Krispy Kreme. I had a coupon for buy one dozen doughnuts get one free, which enabled us to do two more acts of kindness/service, and to keep some for ourselves. As of today we have completed 18 different acts.

After arriving home, having dinner, and doing homework, we started the first of our many visits to the church. First to scouts and then to young women's.

Megan's class was having a white elephant gift exchange.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong (HOWEVER I AM NOT WRONG) that a white elephant gift is a gag gift.
Just to make sure I wasn't wrong I did some research on the computer and the prevailing definition of a white elephant gift is,
"Something lying around the house that you don't want (some horridly ugly item that someone gave you as a gift or some other item unwanted for some reason)."
So why was Megan THE ONLY girl to bring a gag gift, while EVERYONE else brought nice gifts? I'm kind of furious about it.
Next year I am hoping it will be called gift exchange instead of white elephant exchange. I may even write an e-mail about it (and I never do that).
Jackson chose to have Cheerios for breakfast and then decided to fancy them up with this green ribbon:
While the kids got ready I made their lunches and admired the gifts I took home from a favorite things party I attended the night before:
Eric saying goodbye to Megan:
He was headed to California for work. Next to Satudays, Wednesdays are my least favorite day for him to be out of town. With scouts and young women's I feel like they are so darn busy!
It was my turn to drive carpool!
Sade and I after dropping everyone off:
Upon arriving home I snapped this picture of Max our elf. He was taking a ride on a balloon animal airplane that I spent hours making. Just kidding, we got it at Chilis on Tuesday night.
I spent the majority of the day doing various stay at home mom related duties. Namely cleaning and hanging with Sade:
Do you see the outfit I am wearing in the above picture? I have crossed a line and now find it acceptable to wear it everywhere and anywhere. To drive carpool, run to the grocery store, take Sadie to pre-school, even wearing it to Chilis the night before.
It is just so crazy comfortable and WARM.
And I am impervious to judgment about it and refuse to change my ways!
The only reason I am not wearing it today is because it is in the washing machine.
I am currently wearing jeans and am miserable.
In other news, yesterday was bathtime for Tucker:
After picking the kids up from school I discovered that Jackson had received 5 dog tags and 5 awards for his 70 accelerated reader points!
To celebrate (not really-Jackson hates doughnuts) we headed over to Krispy Kreme. I had a coupon for buy one dozen doughnuts get one free, which enabled us to do two more acts of kindness/service, and to keep some for ourselves. As of today we have completed 18 different acts.
After arriving home, having dinner, and doing homework, we started the first of our many visits to the church. First to scouts and then to young women's.
Megan's class was having a white elephant gift exchange.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong (HOWEVER I AM NOT WRONG) that a white elephant gift is a gag gift.
Just to make sure I wasn't wrong I did some research on the computer and the prevailing definition of a white elephant gift is,
"Something lying around the house that you don't want (some horridly ugly item that someone gave you as a gift or some other item unwanted for some reason)."
So why was Megan THE ONLY girl to bring a gag gift, while EVERYONE else brought nice gifts? I'm kind of furious about it.
Next year I am hoping it will be called gift exchange instead of white elephant exchange. I may even write an e-mail about it (and I never do that).
4 comments:
They were told it needed to be a $10 item. And I'll be happy to share that Alexis's gift was the HOT ITEM!!! Movie, popcorn, flavoring for pop corn and a bag of chocolate covered pretzels!!!
You are a good dog owner to give Tucker weekly baths! Tawny isn't as lucky!
That is a lot of donuts! We have only done about 7ish RAK's...but I am such a nice person anyway that I am sure each day I complete 4 or 5 without even knowing it!
But...they should have told them it was a Gift Exchange...Alexis last year brought toilet paper and I guess the person who ended up with it was P.O.'d! So they decided to not do it that way! I don't know...one day you and I will be in charge and the world will be a better place! I've got all sorts of plans!!!!!!!!! Heehee!
We just had our white elephant and someone got a band aid, a battery, a tea candle, and a twinkie. They called it an end of the world survival guide. It was hiarious! You really can't call a gift exchange a white elephant, they are two TOTALLY different things! Maybe I'm the only one with my head in the gutter but I really don't see the "airplane" in the elf picture. I'm pretty sure your elf and that balloon are now married in some countries. You are kicking our trash on the ROAK's we have a solid 2 under our belt. We better get to steppin' :)
white elephant gifts are supposed to be lame. I would be irritated too.
Post a Comment