Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve!!!
Eric had to do some last minute shopping on Christmas Eve (no surprise there!), but luckily he arrived home just in time to leave for ice skating:



After about an hour and a half on the rink we all headed downstairs to have Christmas Eve dinner at Holstein's at the Cosmopolitan:



It was sublime! Seriously, go.

On the way back out to our car Eric and Sade delighted us (meaning me, Jackson and other Cosmopolitan patrons) with a bit of Gangnam dancing:




Megan walked ahead and pretended not to know us.

Random side note: As we were walking out of the Cosmopolitan a guy pulled me aside and asked me if my husband was "that famous movie star?" He couldn't remember his name, but told us he won an academy award 15 years ago and it made his career. He was quite insistent and pulled out his phone to google it, at which time his wife became frustrated with him and pulled him away. It was quite entertaining!

Upon arriving home we opened our traditional one Christmas Eve present:



Jackson opened up a glow-in-the-dark football:



Meg opened up some new boots:



And Sadie opened up a new Princess Spinbrush toothbrush that Jackson gave her. She was THRILLED and immediately tackled him:



I opened up some Christmas themed dishes from Sadie, while Eric opened up an awesome calendar Sade made for us at preschool. She was so excited for him to open it:



And Eric was so THRILLED with it he had to do a little tackling of his own:



After present opening Jackson and Eric went out to test the football:



But soon came back in so we could get the cookies and milk ready for Santa:



We finished off the night by reading in the Bible, putting the kids to bed, and then by Eric and I staying up until 2:30 a.m. getting everything ready for the big day!

I am pretty sure us moms and dads are just as busy as Santa on Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

The food there looks great!!! Man you were up late...good thing you didn't bump into Santa!!! We were in bed by 10:30...I had everything wrapped and labeled this year...all I had to do was pull it out! I also had my kids in bed between 7:30/8:00...that helped!
I wonder who the guy thought Eric looked like! That is funny!

Kellie DeMille said...

I am so interested to know who Eric looks like! I think my kids would die of embarassment if asked to dance in public. That Sadie is adorable! Weren't those calanders the cutest things? That Mrs. Aubrey is awesome.