(Warning: I'm going to post a lot of pictures!)
Growing up I used to LOVE to watch Circus Of The Stars.
Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?
And my absolute favorite part, in fact I can't remember any other parts, was the Flying Trapeze.
I have always, always, always wanted to do it.
So onto my bucket list it went.
And then I did a little research to find that the only Trapeze schools were in New York and Florida.
BUT THEN........just about a month later TWO places to learn to fly came to Las Vegas!
Coincidence?
I think not.
I'm pretty sure I willed them here.
Saturday was the big day! I was so excited and nervous.
The Trapeze contraption:

There were 6 people in our class. Three couples. First they gave us the basics on the ground:


Then it was time to put what we learned to use.
I went first!
The scariest part was climbing the ladder and hopping off the ledge:

First we practiced swinging and landing:



And then it was time to do tricks:








After successfully swinging on your knees, you then come out of your formation to do a flip onto the net:

It involves lots of kicking your legs back and forth, finally culminating in a flip:





Success!!!
Eric was super good! Far surpassing the two other men in the class, and coming in a close second to a woman who admitted to being a gymnast until her late teenage years.
First he practiced swinging and landing:




Then to tricks:

Check out his form:

One of the other woman told him he looked so "graceful" up there. He took it well.


Then the flip:



The after flying glow:

And just in case you are not friends with me on facebook (Mom, Ken, Kellie-I'm talking to you), here are some clips:
So far this year I have completed four of my bucket list items! And in just 13 days I will complete one more!
Anyone else? Anyone? Anyone?
And my absolute favorite part, in fact I can't remember any other parts, was the Flying Trapeze.
I have always, always, always wanted to do it.
So onto my bucket list it went.
And then I did a little research to find that the only Trapeze schools were in New York and Florida.
BUT THEN........just about a month later TWO places to learn to fly came to Las Vegas!
Coincidence?
I think not.
I'm pretty sure I willed them here.
Saturday was the big day! I was so excited and nervous.
The Trapeze contraption:
There were 6 people in our class. Three couples. First they gave us the basics on the ground:
Then it was time to put what we learned to use.
I went first!
The scariest part was climbing the ladder and hopping off the ledge:
First we practiced swinging and landing:
And then it was time to do tricks:
After successfully swinging on your knees, you then come out of your formation to do a flip onto the net:
It involves lots of kicking your legs back and forth, finally culminating in a flip:
Success!!!
Eric was super good! Far surpassing the two other men in the class, and coming in a close second to a woman who admitted to being a gymnast until her late teenage years.
First he practiced swinging and landing:
Then to tricks:
Check out his form:
One of the other woman told him he looked so "graceful" up there. He took it well.
Then the flip:
The after flying glow:
And just in case you are not friends with me on facebook (Mom, Ken, Kellie-I'm talking to you), here are some clips:
So far this year I have completed four of my bucket list items! And in just 13 days I will complete one more!
3 comments:
You are awesome!
Oh my heck, I don't think I have laughed this hard in years!! I am at a loss for words! I seriously am coming over to your house and reading that bucket list! This caught me quite by surprise. My brothers and sisters and I had Circus of the Stars recorded on our beta tapes and would watch them religiously every Sunday. I cried when that tape broke!! The trapeze was the highlight of the circus for sure. Thank you for adding the video, the pictures were great but the video is amazing :)
I love that you did this!!! And I am so curious what you are doing in 13 days!!! How fun!!!
Post a Comment