The main reason for our trip Arizona was to journey to the North Pole on The Polar Express!!!
We got our tickets and then patiently waited for the train to arrive:
I was really excited, and so was Sade:
To pass the time Sade and Jackson performed numerous rousing renditions of Jingle Bells. These were their "Hey!" poses. As in,"Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh. Hey!"
Posin' with an elf:
Soon the Polar Express arrived:
Boarding:
On the train:
Going through the magic tunnel that takes us to the North Pole:
(You are instructed to throw your hands in the air, scream, and act like you are riding a roller coaster.)
It's great!
While on our journey we had cookies and hot chocolate:
Soon after drinking her hot chocolate Megan had some sort of medical emergency. Her eyes started watering, she could barely talk and she said her throat felt like it was on fire. I was convinced we were going to have to have them stop the train, call a helicopter and take her to the hospital. (Can you imagine how much it would cost to take a helicopter from the North Pole?!) She downed approximately 3 cups of water and then fully recovered about 10 minutes later. Thank goodness! The whole thing was bizarre.
Finally feeling better she was fully able to interact with the cooks on the train:
They are fun and entertaining.
Finally our 3,000+ mile journey was complete. We had arrived at the NORTH POLE, and found Santa waving to us through our window. It was thrilling! And then to make matters even more exciting he boarded the train!!!
He stopped to talk with us and told the kids that they needed to make sure they went to sleep early on Christmas Eve, because his magic works better if they are sleeping and he is able to leave more presents:
Do you think I look excited enough?:
He also gave each of the kids their own silver bell.
Megan said she couldn't hear anything, and Jackson said he doesn't think the sound is the most beautiful sound in the world (which are references you will understand if you have read the book). Cynics!
On the way back from the North Pole we were treated to rousing renditions of Christmas Carols:
We were back to the station after about 1 1/2 hours. That Polar Express has some powerful magic!
I'm so glad we went, and totally recommend it.
(If you haven't been, go next year! But make sure you book early as it sells out fast.)
(And....don't take the 3:00 matinee train. Sure it is cheaper, but there is no snow at the North Pole, which would be glaringly obvious is you were going during daylight hours!)
(And.....Wear your pajamas. We didn't. Which was way lame!)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! What a crazy medical emergency. Did someone spike the hot chocolate? Poor Megan! Thanks for all the tips, I really want to go next year. I think your face was just the right amount of excited :)
Ok first of that hat Jackson loves.....no comment :)
Your conductor looked like he had a great personality!!!
It was soooooo cold the night we went the windows had ice all over them...you had to blow on it to be able to see outside...I think that is why I remember it as not so great! And my kids had their jammies on so it made it even more cold.
Crazy about Megan...that must have been really really scary!!!! Weird!!!
We rode the Polar Express a few years ago with our kids and all my nieces and nephews, and I have to agree it is magical!
Post a Comment