Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lucky #13

Today is my 13th wedding anniversary.


I was really, really, REALLY in love on my wedding day.

 Like really.

I lived in a state of euphoria.

And then I was married for a few years.

And then I became really, really, really, REALLY in love.

Like really.

(Is this nauseating?)

Anyway.......I have extolled Eric's amazing virtues many times, and am going to do it again.

This time with a list of 13 things (for our 13th anniversary!) that I appreciate and observations that I made about Eric on our mini 2 day vacation this past weekend.

1. We first traveled to Flagstaff, AZ where Eric had a job to complete. We didn't end up getting into town until 9 pm, at which time Eric left our hotel, drove to another hotel, and worked for 4 hours. Without complaint.

2. On his way back to our hotel, at 1am, he stopped to get gas and noticed someone who was carrying a gas can. Although I am sure he was tired and anxious to get back to the hotel, he of course asked them if he could help.

3. The next morning at 7 am Tucker awoke and needed to go out to the bathroom. Eric got right up to take him out (Before leaving town I did inform Eric that he was going to have to do this, as I was worried I would freeze to death if I had to step foot outside in the early morning.)

4. After taking the kids to breakfast and getting ready he went to a big field with the kids to play in the leaves. And when I say play I mean he really plays! Jumps in the leaves, buries the kids, buries himself, etc...




5. Soon he noticed a little girl looking longingly at the leaves. Right away he invited her to play too.



6. The girls older brother didn't want to play in the leaves, and at one point told his sister (in a rather angry voice), "Don't you know I only like football!" Without missing a beat Eric turned right around and started playing catch with him.



7. He checked into both hotels for us. A task I am loathe to do.

8. He took care of all car related tasks. Getting gas, putting air in low tires, etc.

9. He also loaded and unloaded the car, expertly, a total of 6 times over 2 days. Without help.

10. He winked at me (I really love a wink across a table) and danced with me in our hotel room.

11. While taking the train to the North Pole (post forthcoming) he sang every single Christmas song loudly, and often with actions. I love it when we can embarrass Megan together!

12. While hiking, Tucker had an unfortunate incident with a bush which required him to be held the entire way. This was a long hike. Uphill. I attempted to carry him, but couldn't. Luckily Eric stepped right in and saved the hike. Men are just plain great.



13. In closing....He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am eternally grateful.



 

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

When I first started reading your blog I liked that Eric, but after all these years (like 3 or something) I think I may be in love too :) Congratulations on your anniversary!! Lucky 13 should involve some sort of gambling since we live in Vegas. You should go play bingo it's super fun!

chercard said...

What a great Dad and husband. Love these good men in our lives! I'm sure he could say equal amounts of great things about you too!

The Hardy's said...

Congratulations, what a nice post!