After a few more rides like Flying Over California (which Sade actually said she liked a little bit), we visited a Bugs Life:
Then headed over to Tower Of Terror. Sade was big enough to ride Tower Of Terror, but I thank my lucky stars everyday that she didn't. We would have scarred her for life!


Next we checked out Paradise Pier. I love the swings.
California Screaming, which was a big hit with Meg and Jacks. They rode numerous times.

After riding all of the rides, Eric and I sat on a bench (to recover) while the kids played at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
It was late afternoon at this point, and I was HOT, TIRED, and a bit ORNERY. I could have packed up and went home right then. But I bucked up, traveled back over to Disneyland, had some dinner, and luckily got my second wind.
We rode a few of our favorite rides, and then sat down to watch the Mickey's Soundsational Parade. Sade loved it.
After the parade, we rode a couple more rides, loaded up on ice cream, and left the park about an hour before closing time.
Megan had to be back at school, and Eric had to be back at work, so we drove straight home. It was kind of horrible, as we were so tired. Nevertheless, the trip on a whole was a fantastic success!
What I learned.
1. I feel like at least a 3 day pass is necessary to see everything. We were able to ride all of the rides, but missed out on seeing most of the shows and the Princesses (the wait was 2 hours long!).
2. Having a day to recover in between visits would be ideal. Especially if you are planning on staying all day. As we did. I found myself fading on Day 2.
3. Winning free tickets to expensive places is THE BEST!
See Day 1 below......
2 comments:
Those swings make me sick! I can't ride them! California Screamin in my favorite ride and I am so impressed that Jackson rode it! I am glad you didn't have Sadie go on Tower of Terror! Yikes!!!!!
Looks like a great trip!!!
Tyson is still talking about the Tower of Terror, it was his favorite thing ever. I was hesitant about Jason taking him on it, but Tyson insisted. Jason also took the guys and Mark refused to go on the second time. He kept clutching his chest and saying,"heart, no." We thought that was pretty funny. I think 3 days is a must, you get too stressed out about getting everything in with less. I love that you love the swings. I am constantly worried my big butt will brake the wires, I can't relax on them :)
Post a Comment