Pre-game instructions from Coach Frank:
I have watched Jackson play a few different sports, but I think basketball may just be my favorite. It is just so crazy exciting! I will now apologize for my extreme loudness to my husband and to Kim and Jon who were sitting right next to me. I am pretty sure I yelled the entire game.
Catching a pass:
Catching another one:
And another:
Defending, rebounding, and hustling:
My favorite part just might have been when they all lined up for foul shots. The referee's (who were so fun!) had tell them all multiple times where to stand. They just didn't seem to understand the concept.
They ended up losing, largely in part to the ginormous child who you can see in the pictures above. He stood at least a head and a half taller than any other kid on the court. The league is for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 9, and I am thinking he must be 9 years, 11 months and 29 days old!
Although they lost, I thought it was beyond great! Plus Jackson had fun, which pushes it into the fantastic range.
3 comments:
That Jackson is so cute! I hate when the other team has a ringer!! I guess foul shots are a new concept :)
How fun! We had a really tall kid when we coached 6/7 year old soccer...not only was he crazy tall but really really good. The other team always would ask how old he was and didn't believe that he was only 7.
Basketball is also my favorite!! Number one it is indoor. Number two practice time is less often. Number 3 it is a fast paced game and it ends quickly.
Post a Comment