This past weekend we hiked to Mary Jane Falls on Mt. Charleston. It is a 3 mile, pretty strenuous hike. I for one was breathing pretty hard when we reached the top. We brought the pack to carry Miss Sade, and she wanted in almost immediately. She insisted her legs were soooooooo tired.
I gave her a little pep talk, telling her she had to believe in herself, never to use the word can't, and ended with telling her I knew she could do it. It worked! She hiked the entire 3 miles unassisted, without complaint, and with a smile on her face.
It is no easy task to hike around obstacles on trails when they are as big as you.
On the other hand I thought Megan was going to pass out. She doesn't do particularly well in the heat, plus she is prone to a complaining nature, but I am happy to say that with a little teasing and encouragement she persevered!
Jackson runs up the mountain. He ended up way ahead of us.
We eventually made it to the top, and it was gorgeous!
Not only the view, but the mini waterfalls too.
The kids first did a very quick run through one of the falls:
But soon Eric hunted each of them down and made them do a longer run through:
Eric and I asked Megan to take a picture of us under the falls. She agreed, but it ended up taking her forever!
We were soaked:
Eric and the kids under another waterfall:
While they hiked around Sade and I took some pics:
Everyone loves it when Eric is in charge of snacks. He always packs the good stuff:
A family pic before hiking back down:
The kids (especially Meg) had a lot more energy on the way down:
I love these after hike pics of Sade:
She's a little trooper.
2 comments:
Remember...when you are done with the backpack carrier I will buy it from you...not that we are the outdoorsy type but maybe we will take a hike or two!
Yeah for Sadie! I am very impressed with your family and the hiking, I have been complaining to Jason about our family and our lack of outdoorseyness. Then he reminds me your kids are a bit older and one day we will get there. One day...
Post a Comment