A few days ago we went fishing for the first time this year. In reality we usually only go about once a year, so this could in fact be the first and last time. We headed over to Lake Mead, and then proceeded to roam on numerous extremely bumpy dirt roads attempting to find the perfect spot. While roaming we were lucky enough to run into another truck that needed a jump. How great for us that we had chosen that particular desolate road.
We eventually found the perfect spot. Gorgeous, covey goodness. It was right before sunset so we were hopeful the fish would be a biting.
The light off the lake was the best.
The kids need constant help, so Eric has had to accept the fact that he will probably not fish again until the children are much older. He spends all of his time dealing with a plethora of problems (untangelling line, unsnagging from weeds, etc.) And I can offer no help. First because I do not have a fishing license, but most importantly because I know nothing about fishing or the mechanics of fishing poles.
As always the worms were a big hit. Jackson and Eric were the only ones brave enough to handle them.
Sadie was eventually cajoled in to at least touching one:
Niether Megan nor I could be similarly cajoled.
We fished:
And fished:
And fished:
And didn't catch a thing!
But that didn't matter, because it was beyond great just to be outside at twilight at the lake. I asked Eric why in the world we are not outside everyday at this time?! Megan overheard and responded with "you must be too busy watching T.V." SNAP! Regardless, I love twilight.
Plus the light makes for gorgeous pictures.
Too soon, it was dark.
And the air became littered with bugs and bats:
Eventually we packed up and headed out. While on the way home we were lucky once again to find a car on the side of the road that needed help.
They had blown out their tire and didn't have a jack. We did have a jack but soon discovered they had some sort of specialty tire that required a tool we didn't have. Lucky for them another car stopped soon after that did have the tool!
Although no fish were caught, it was a glorious outing.
1 comment:
I love how you guys help others on the side of the road!! What wonderful lessons you are teaching your children! Once I was stranded with a van full of disabled people and was at my wits end, a fella stopped and changed our tire and I still think of how great that random good samaratin was! Those really are beautiful pictures :)
Post a Comment