Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adventurous Women Activity #1

I am now in a new group that has yet to be named, but for the sake of my blog I am calling it Adventurous Women. Once a month we will be doing some sort of outdoorsy/adventurous activity, and then once a year we will we doing a super adventurous activity like white water rafting. This is in no way an exclusive group, so if you happen to be reading this and would like to join, that would be great!

Our first activity was Paint Ball. I wasn't overly thrilled and was kind of worried about the heat (over 100 degrees, and we were extremely fully clothed), and THE PAIN. But nevertheless I was game as I am always up for an adventure!

My nervousness wasn't abated when we arrived and discovered our teenage instructors had welts covering their bodies.



They seemed pretty proud of their wounds:



We geared up and tried not to pass out:



Gina, Rachael, April and me.



Me and Gina.

There are not many people crazy enough to play in this weather, but luckily we were! We were the only ones there which ended up being extremely fortunate. We played 2 on 2.

The course:



April and I battling it out:





WARNING: PAINTBALL IS PAINFUL! YOU WILL GET HURT!
 I say we were fortunate we were the only ones there, because if we would have played against any men or boys there is a possibility we would have ended up dead or in the hospital.

As it was it took a lot out of us:



I ended up getting hit in the face (luckily I had my face mask!), on the leg, and my gun took a couple of hits. I couldn't get a great picture of the bruise on my leg, but it is seriously large:



Can you imagine if I had these bruises covering my entire body?! Which could have happened if I had been playing with people a bit more ruthless.



Overall I would say I enjoyed it, but would probably be too worried about the pain to try it again.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I was just looking at the bruises on my leg...they are ugly!!! My head still is a little tender too! Glad I did it to know I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!