Jackson had a big day last week! He received his own library card! My little reader was overjoyed.
After arriving home with his books, he locked my bedroom door, climbed into my bed, and delved right into Harry Potter book 2. I have always resisted reading the Harry Potter books, but Jackson combined with his excitement convinced me to give them a try. I just finished book 1.
For the record Megan was also at the library, but when I asked her if she wanted a library card too, she responded in a bored voice, "not really."
Unfortunately she is just not a reader! And believe me when I tell you, I HAVE TRIED HARD TO MAKE HER BECOME ONE! Rest assured I won't give up.
While Jackson was reading I found her enjoying some technology.
Here is to a summer full of wizardry.
2 comments:
Is it the hair cut or does Jackson look totally grown up now? I have only read book number one and have been dragged to each movie. Tyson wants me to read them to him but we have only made it to chapter 3 in book 1. He won't stop interrupting and telling me what happens next because he has seen the movie. Good luck:)
You've never read HP? How did I not know that! Eli just rented the 1st HP a few weeks ago...although we have them all so I'm not sure why. If you need to borrow them let me know.
What a bummer that Megan is not a reader. So far I have 2 readers...I love it! The other night at dinner I had to tell them twice, "NO BOOKS AT THE TABLE."
Post a Comment