So when I heard he was going to be going to Logan (my hometown!) for 4 days, the kids and I decided to pack up and go with him. It was a good opportunity to spend time with Eric, even if it was just in the car, and while sleeping, plus it was also a great opportunity to visit family and friends!
Our first adventure was a trip to Willow Park "Zoo." Which truthfully isn't much of a zoo, but still is nostalgic for me.
Sade did some rolling:
When I travel to Logan I like to spend as much time as possible outside. But this trip was a bit chilly so we did a few more indoor activities, one of which was roller skating:
Sade refused any help and fell down at least 200 times, but got up happy each time. Her stubbornness and independence sometimes serves her very well.
That night I had dinner with Kate, my bestest friend from high school. And still one of my bestest friends. Before leaving for Utah I had found this picture that we had taken in what I believe was our Junior year of high school:

So I convinced her to try and recreate it. Our 2 attempts:
Successful?
The kids and I spent our last day visiting our favorite oldies: My Grandma (age 91) and Eric's Grandpa (age 96). First we headed up to Idaho to see my Grandma:
She gave my kids money to buy candy at the store next door, which thrilled Sadie to the bone. She was literally jumping with excitement. That girl is a candy lover:
Then it was our turn to visit Grandpa. He quite enjoyed Megan's boots:
The next morning we packed up and headed home. And then the morning after that, Eric left town again! Tis the life.
4 comments:
I'm glad you all are following up on that Eric! All this out of town travel is quite suspicious. I once had a dream Jason had a Japanese wife and still keep close tabs on him just in case. That Sadie is a cutie, at least she smiles after falling sown :)
Oh my. Those pictures... It was sure fun to see you!
I'm surprised that you didn't do some geocaching along the way. In the future if you put the zip code in, you can geocache at any location that you are going too! Looks like fun times. I love how you make the best of everything!!!
Fun trip!!!
Post a Comment