1. Unpacking after vacation. I do realize life would be easier if I unpacked the suitcases as soon as we arrived home from vacation. But I'm tired when I get home from vacation! So instead they sit there, silently mocking me, for sometimes days at a time.
2. Letting go. Sadie informed me a few weeks ago that she was grown up and WAY too old for sippy cups. She was right. But throwing them away wasn't easy. Eric had to do it. My cup cupboard is unbearably bare:
3. Cutting watermelon. This is something I am truly TERRIBLE at. I never attempt it, which is why I am probably bad at it. But a couple of weeks ago I was teaching pre-school. And the letter was 'W". And the snack was watermelon. And Eric was out of town. So I had to do it.
It was wasn't pretty:
I have absolutely no ability to make even cuts, and sadly more ended up in the garbage and on the floor, than we actually ate.
Oy vey!
4. Finally, I am really bad at making a list when going to the grocery store. Which is why I often end up with multiples of items that will be a challenge to eat before they expire. If you are a long-time reader of my blog you may just remember my obsession with buying sour cream. I always think I am out of it, when I am not! Well apparently I am also obsessed with buying Club Crackers. I don't mind obsessively buying items we actually eat regularly, but Club Crackers are not one of those items.
For the record I also have an inordinate amount of Stove Top Stuffing!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
4 comments:
I truly enjoy your posts Sarah. I have the whole sour cream problem as well. I know what you need though - you need a melon baller. It has totally helped me with the watermelon thing....and the kids enjoy it so much more than having to hold the rind.
Feel better now after your confessions? I used to be a sour cream hoarder as well but now I just buy the ridiculously huge carton at Costco and we are good for a while!
I hate unpacking as well...
Sarah you are a crack up! I love your posts! Taylor told me about the watermelon and how horribly it was cut, just teasing the preschoolers will never know they were given sub-par cut watermelon :) I can just imagine Sadie informing you of her grown up status, such a funny girl!
I only buy the small watermelons because I have a hard time cutting them too!
Start having cheese and crackers for an after school snack...those are yummy crackers! And if I ever need Stove Top in a pinch I know where to come!
Post a Comment