Jackson worked really hard!
And ended up being super sweaty when we finished.
After returning home, Eric went to work, and the kids and I worked on another service project, also known as cleaning the house. Sades room was a mess:
But she had it all cleaned up in under 15 minutes! You may remember this post from last year. We have come a long way.
After cleaning I worked on my Primary lesson:
Primary can be a challenge for me.
While making lunch I noticed Megan standing with one leg propped up on her other leg, which is how I always stood when I was younger, and still do on occasion. It was affectionately termed by Marty "the peacock pose."
After lunch I had to run some errands. First I stopped at Staples to pick up some pictures for Megan's Spanish Project that we had to finish this weekend. These large projects will be the death of me!
I then went to Michael's (the Wal-Mart of craft stores) and then to Target. While at Target I saw more men shopping than I have ever seen before. I think their wives and mothers were very well taken care of this Mothers Day. It was heartwarming.
While Megan worked on her project, Jackson and Sadie played numerous games, including Headbands:
For dinner we had Chipotle:
AND THEN.......we went somewhere that I have been so excited about since I heard about it one week ago!
Country In The Park, out at Mountains Edge!!!!!
Now you will have to prepare yourselves for the next picture. Making his debut in a 12 X 12 post for the first time.....PHIL VASSAR!
That's right. MY ALL TIME FAVORITE! And did I mention that the concert was free, so the kids could come too! I couldn't stop smiling all night. I have lots of things to share about the concert, so it will be getting its own separate post.
After the concert, we drove home, got the kids showered and in bed, and watched a little T.V.
It was kind of a perfect day.
3 comments:
Oh man I heard about Phil Vassar and wanted to go, but FORGOT about it! Bummer, that would have been so fun!
Sarah you crack me up! I know this may shock you but I have never heard of Phil Vassar before reading your blog and have never heard even one thing that he sings! Please say we can still be friends :)
Are you back on Chipotle???
Alexis has the same project and on Saturday she was completely done...until she realized there were 4 subjects that she hadn't talked about on the poster so after school that is what she will be doing! OYE!!!
Post a Comment