Our love of geocaching continues. Literally. Eric surprised me with a love packed date to find a series of geocaches shaped liked a heart out in the desert. He knows me so well. See how cute it is:
The heart consisted of a series of 21 different geocaches. We started at 9 a.m., which I consider extremely early for a Saturday morning, but it was still so HOT! Especially in the desert.
After a couple of hours we found the first 20. I was excited because we only had one more left. #21, The Grand Finale, The Center Of The Heart! We checked the coordinates, and set out. However, when we arrived, we couldn't find anything :(. Eric then read the detailed description of #21, which told him that were were supposed to be looking for clues about the actual coordinates from the first 20 geocaches! Say What? Don't you think they should have told us about that at clue #1. I was sad. And mad. And ready to give up.
But while I was taking angry pictures of myself, Eric, who is gifted with persistence, found it!
Then I was happy:
It took us about 3 hours, and I ended up super sunburned, but I loved every minute. Except for the angry bits.
Not only have Eric and I been out geocaching, but we of course have also been geocaching with the kids. I am happy to report that we have now successfully found all of the geocaches we were unable to find before we were good:
Woot-Woot!!!
And just in case you are a fellow geocacher and would like to follow our caches, our profile name is McC5.
And in finale, I would also like to report that we have successfully found 52 geocaches! And have unsuccessfully found 0!


3 comments:
okay I think we need to take this hobby up, it sounds so fun!
Jason has been inspired by your family and the geocaching but I am still on the fence. I just can't believe that it would be any fun. 3 hours of roaming around and looking for stuff sounds like my every day: where are your shoes? why can't I find matching socks? where did that half-eaten popsicle get put down? Ahhh!
Kellie's comment made me laugh!!!
I still don't get it but it looks interesting!
Post a Comment