Friday, May 18, 2012

Bucket List Item #6

About a month ago, while driving home from Utah, Eric and I made our bucket lists. #6 on my list happened to be: MEET PHIL VASSAR. So two weeks later when I heard he was coming to Las Vegas, I started to get excited.

I knew this was my chance.

So I entered to win meet and greet tickets, and was certain I would win! In case you didn't know I am a real believer in The Secret (It has changed my life!).

But then I didn't win. Hmpfff........

But we of course went to the concert anyway!

And as you may have read previously, had a fantastic time.

THEN, as Phil walked off-stage, they announced that if you bought his new C.D. he would MEET YOU and autograph it for you right then.

So I skedaddled as fast I could right over to the tent, and happily handed over my $20.

My first bucket list item was coming true!

The kids and I up by the stage during the last song:




Sadly, pictures of the greeting were not allowed, but I am thrilled to report that not only did I get to meet Phil, but I received a HUG, plus had a real life conversation. Of course Eric and the kids were there too, and were just as enamored with him as I was. Well not really, but I am pretty sure they enjoyed it.

Other highlights of the night. Phil of course:


Jackson was always singing and clapping along:


Sade and Eric did quite a bit of dancing:


Snow-cone eating:


Me and Meg:


And finally the tent, where the famed meeting took place:


A special shout out to my husband, who has listened to me go on and on ad nauseum about the meeting with Phil, and who also dedicated one of his bucket list items to making sure are all my bucket list items end up completed. I am one lucky woman!

4 comments:

chercard said...

SO cool! I <3 Phil Vassar!

Kellie DeMille said...

That Eric is a prince! I think you should publish what is on your bucket lists that would be an interesting post :)

Rachael said...

That is awesome!!! Did you have him sign your boob?

chercard said...

LOL Rachael!