Thursday, March 11, 2010

Jewelry Stamping

I have really wanted to try jewelry stamping for quite some time. I have been slightly obsessed with it, and have been known to peruse etsy admiring all of the metal stamped necklaces and rings. So after doing a lot of admiring, and some research, I decided to attempt it myself.

About 10 minutes into the attempt, I realized I needed a little help. I just did not have enough hammering power in me.

For my first project I decided to make birthday necklaces for all of my Young Women at church. Each charm has one of the Young Women values stamped onto it. I had seen a similar idea on Sugardoodle, and I felt like I could attempt it. However, the project was a bit more time consuming than I originally thought. Luckily I have my trusty assistant who is always willing to help, and I only have 8 Mia Maids this year.

Here are the results: (For some reason, my new computer is not allowing me to click on pictures to enlarge them. I find this beyond annoying, and have no idea how to fix it. So I apologize in advance if these pictures do not come across well enough to see the detail. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know!)


10 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

Such ambition, I am very impressed. They are so cute. The girls will love them. The young women are so lucky to have you as one of there leaders now. A part of me is a bit jealous, the other part of me is enjoying my extra free time.

Vegasarnolds said...

I too have been admiring these type of cute necklacesand have been wanting to make some for a while now! I have looked at instructions and where to buy the tools, but haven't made the big step to actually do it! I could hear my husband now, "What new hobby are you starting now?"

The ones you made for the YW are so cute and they will love them!

bloodfamily said...

Man you are awesome. I have been thinking about giving the Personal Progress a shot myself. Do I get one of those cute necklaces then? They are so lucky to have you as a leader. I also love that you have a willing helper.

Autumn said...

Very creative idea!! I have missed your weekly posts!!

Cardalls said...

I didn't know you were in YW now! How fun, they will love you and I LOVE the necklaces!

Kellie DeMille said...

Love the necklaces! You (and Eric) are so talented!

Graham said...

What a cute idea! They will love them.

Graham said...

What a cute idea! They will love them.

Rachael said...

I am in love....with the necklaces! Not you. JK!
I love love love this! What a wonderful idea.
I am placing my order...I need 3 'charms':
Alexis
Eli
Oliver
Thank you!

Jennifer said...

I bought a stamped bracelet and earring set when I was in Oregon, at their outdoor market. I love the look of that stuff! I may have to put my order in after Rachael...LOL You should sell these as mother's necklaces for the husbands in the ward. I bet they'd buy them!