Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Max Elfis 2013

 I have to start off by saying that I do not get the all the hate out there about The Elf On The Shelf. I had a friend post on Facebook saying her kids really wanted an Elf, but she didn't know if she should get one, and FORTY THREE people weighed in. Most were fairly diplomatic, but a few took their position a little too seriously and some virtual fighting actually broke out. Weird I tell you.


Anyway.....A few adventures courtesy of Max Elfis.

His December 1st arrival:



I read a hilarious article about stooping so low as putting your elf in a jar, and laughed and laughed because we had found our elf in a jar a couple of days before:



Mummy elf:



Hostage elf:



We were all worried we would touch Max when we found him in a kitchen drawer:



Prince Charming elf:



One day he hid in the recycling:



The kids and Eric thought it was great fun when they tricked me and told me that they had taken the recycling out to the garbage. I almost had a heart attack!

One night Max stole Eric's phone and took about 20 selfies:



A sampling of his work:



He also scanned himself a few times and hung his pictures up over some others:



Trapeze elf:




Posing with a wishbone:



Sleigh riding elf:



Until next year Max.

4 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Your elf is a lot more creative and energetic than our elf. "Bob" just moves from place to place, always out of reach though. He even left for a few days due to some naughty-list behavior. Luckily he came back. ;-)

chercard said...

Hilarious! Such fun ideas. Our elf Billy makes my kids laugh and laugh. Garrett told me he knows Billy isn't real, but loves that we have him still. I don't get the hate either, it's something so fun for all of my kids, it even makes my teens laugh.

Kellie DeMille said...

So funny! Our elf is crazy loved over here. The kids talk to him and thank him for all the fun he brings each day. Taylor even told us, "Frank is in my heart". We had to make an exception to the no touching rule because they love him so much. On Christmas Eve we bring Frank down from his spot and each kid gets to hug him and say goodbye. One year I will get more creative. I love all the fun things your elf does! I think Prince Charming and hostage elf are my favorite :)

Rachael said...

Our elf, "Nick" was super boring this year! I don't know what was wrong with his lazy @$$....hopefully next year he will step it up! Love all your ideas!