Thursday, April 18, 2013

Adventure Angels - Chrome Showroom

The plan for our Adventure Angels activity this month was Karaoke, which I found to be equal parts exhilarating and frightening. However when we arrived at the designated Karaoke place (Rocco's Pizza) we discovered they no longer did Karaoke on Friday nights! Oy vey! But we decided to stay and have dinner there anyway:



Me, Cassi and Tia modeling our awesome friendship wallets:



As we finished dinner we were ho-humming about what to do next and seemed to have no real direction. Until.......Amy with a stroke of brilliance suggested a night out at the Chrome Showroom at the Santa Fe Station to see local country singer Sam Riddle (who I am constantly calling Tom Riddle to Jacksons delight). I have seen Sam once before so I knew it would be fun.

Amy has some serious connections (she knows him personally) and was able to get us a special "reserved" booth:



The hardcore group that came to party after dinner:



Pretty soon Sam came out on stage. I have a bit of a soft-spot for country piano players (Phil Vassar), so I was having quite a good time from the beginning:



If you have never been with me to an event where there is music and dancing you should know that I kind of lose my mind. I am the girl that is on the dance floor, dancing like no one is watching and singing at the top of her lungs. Seriously. At the time it is great, but the next day it is kind of like waking up after a night of drinking (not that I have ever done that, I am only guessing :)) and wanting to disappear because of your behavior. BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!!!

Luckily I had three other dancing partners:



Not to mention a hilarious and fun woman, who was dubbed "Sarah in 30 years" that taught us a new line dance and entertained us to no end:



We all agreed that Sam looked pretty good in his jeans, and one member of our group who shall remain nameless remarked, "I bet he would look pretty good out of them too." Having friends is the best!



We stayed until the bitter end and were able to snap this picture with Sam:



It was our best activity yet! Even better than paintball. :)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

It was the best activity yet! I loved it! I would have LOVE LOVE LOVED it if there was more line dancing (and a ton of people doing it), but it was great!
You shouldn't feel the morning after regret...you are great!
And he sure did look great in those jeans! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Kellie DeMille said...

What a fun activity! You crack me up, morning after regret. So funny. I would rather be regretting my dancing than not dancing at all :) I love that you met yourself in 30 years. What a night!