Friday, April 12, 2013

Five For Friday - Instagram Pics

I fairly recently joined Instagram, and really enjoy it.
And although most of the pictures I take for it usually end up on my blog, a few have not yet made it.
So a bit of a catch up:

1. Our backyard is going through a transformation.
I happily purchased and in ground basketball hoop from the D.I. for $50!!! Seriously $50!!!

But it has meant that we now need to put in some kind of court for it in the backyard. To enable us to start using it right away, Eric dug a hole in the grass and placed the hoop in concrete. Uncle Todd was here to help!



I am fraught with indecision about the project, so in the meantime, Jackson has been doing a lot of grass playing.



Anyone know of someone that does concrete work? I'm ultimately going to need a lot of it.

2. Just me and Megan enjoying a perfect weathered day in the backyard:



I feel like this has been one of THE BEST springs we have ever had in the 12 years we have been living in Vegas. It has been gorgeously warm.

3. For April Fools Day I provided my children and Eric with "Brown E's" (Brownies) for dessert!



I found the hilarious idea on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it. I was extremely entertained, but the children were not.

4. While shopping for new swimming suits for the triathlon, Eric dressed Sade up in Seahawks wear. It entertained us to no end, but she wasn't thrilled with me taking her picture. If only she knew that the frowny face she was sporting makes her look even tougher.



5. And finally.....Megan left us this week for a 3 day field trip!



Say what? I'm not sure when she became old enough for these type of activities.

She left on Wednesday morning for the Adventure Science Camp in the San Bernardino National Forest, and she gets back today! I can't wait to hear all about it.

And if  you haven't joined Instagram, do it! It's fun.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hahaha! I love the Brown E's for Aprils Fool's day, that's awesome! I can't wait to see your yard after the project is completed! :)

Kellie DeMille said...

What a score at DI! I can't wait to see the finished backyard. That Sadie is hilarious! Sorry to say I am not a spring fan, I have too many allergies :) I love the summer when everything is too baked to make my allergies go crazy. Well that and my booty shorts, gotta love booty shorts :) What a fun field trip! How did Megan get so old?!