Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Break - Part 2 - Lake Mead

I mentioned in my hiking post about losing a shoe at Subway. Luckily they kept it for me, and doubly lucky it afforded the kids and I the opportunity to spend a late afternoon and evening at Lake Mead.
It was overcast and slightly windy, but that didn't stop Jackson from playing in the water:



Sadie attempted it, but soon realized the error of her ways:



It was lots of playing in the rocky sand for her from there on out:





Jackson eventually joined her:




Megan spent most of her time collecting shells and playing in the sand:



The fruits of her labor:



She also spent some time being gorgeous:



I wasn't the cool mom in the water with her kids this time. I spent the majority of my time on the blanket becoming one with nature:



Tucker did too:



For dinner we had an awesome picnic consisting mostly of crackers and easy cheese.



Me and my babies:



Spring Break part 3 below......

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I seriously need to call and get the whole shoe losing story. I'll text you and plan a lunch! What a fun way to spend the day, I haven't been to lake mead in years! That Megan is such a pretty girl, I hope Eric is collecting firearms. Jason says he is going to keep a shotgun by the door in case anyone comes over wanting to date his daughters :)

Rachael said...

I love me some easy cheese!!!! I need to take my kids to Lake Mead. I haven't been there since Alexis was 2!!!! We fed the nasty fish off the dock which I don't even know if that exists still!