Monday, April 15, 2013

12 X 12 - April 2013

I spent most of my day with Sade, so this 12 X 12 is heavy on the Sadie Cake.
Right before school Jackson reminded me that it was the last day to bring in old tennis shoes for a fundraiser at Somerset. Luckily I hoard my kids old clothes and shoes so we had plenty to give:



After saying goodbye to Jackson (Megan was still on her field trip), I had my breakfast. I only allow myself to buy the muffins from Costco occasionally because when we have them in the house I am compelled to eat the 1000 calorie delights often. Of course I had to have my morning peanuts too:



After breakfast I retired to my bed for a few minutes. I am almost finished with a 3 book fiction series about the Amish. I have not particularly enjoyed it, but am so far in I have to finish!



Soon I had to pull myself out of bed to get us ready for the gym. I tried to have Eric sneakily capture a picture of Sadie screaming while I do her hair (as she does everyday), but she spotted him and smiled instead:



 Then it was into the car. Although Sade has been having issues concerning socializing with friends as of late, she willingly goes to preschool and the gym daycare. Thank goodness!



My little sunshined ponytailed girl:



Upon arriving home she chose to have half of a chocolate muffin and a large piece of lettuce from her preschool teachers garden. She ate that entire thing.



After lunch is house cleaning time! I have nowhere to put my recycling so everyday it gets stacked on top of the stove before getting taken out. Where do you put your recycling?



The weather! I can't tell you how much I have been loving it. Friday was hot, but I still couldn't resist having my front door and backdoor open all afternoon.



Tucker lost a toy under the armoire so Sade took it upon herself to get it out, along with approximately 10 other toys and a whole lot of dust balls. It was rather unpleasant.



Megan was supposed to arrive back at the school from her field trip at 4:30, so the kids and I trekked down there and waited. And waited. And waited. While waiting I checked facebook and discovered at post from the school at 4:31 saying they were running an hour late, which is information I would have appreciated an hour before. I was unable to pick Megan up at 5:30, but luckily a friend was able to bring her home. After the 3 day trip:



I hugged her hello, quickly heard all about it, and then left for a night out with my fellow Adventure Angels.



IT WAS AWESOME!

Post forthcoming..........

3 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

So, does getting caught on camera stop the hair tantrums? I thought chopping it all off would help. Not so much, Ahhhh! I broke down and bought another garbage can for recycling. We kept it separate from the real garbage can. I use to have the old red white & blue bins in my kitchen and they were very ugly. I can't believe Sadie ate that whole piece of lettuce! Taylor is a huge lettuce fan but I don't know if she would sit and eat that huge piece :)

Rachael said...

My recycles go out right away to the recycle bin in the garage because piling it up drives me crazy!!
Our night was AWESOME!!! So much fun!!!! Definitely our best one yet!!! I admire your dancing skills and wish I had more confidence in myself to just go have fun!

Autumn said...

That looks like Jason Aldean!