Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring Break - Part 1 - Pooling Around

Last week Eric had to go to Needles, CA for work, so the kids and I decided to join him. We have tagged along with him to Needles a few times before, and needless to say Needles is not very exciting. But Laughlin is exciting, and only about a half an hour away, so we decided to spend the night there.

But.....before leaving town we had to stop at the Travelodge on the Strip for Eric to do a job. It afforded us the opportunity to visit our first pool of the day.

Fortunately we did not yet have our swimming suits on, because the pool was semi-gross.

After a while, a long while.....we were finally ready to hit the road to California, and visit our second pool of the day at the Rio Del Sol in Needles.


Baywatch Beauty


Soon, it was time for us to visit our 3rd pool of the day, at the Best Western in Needles. By far, the nicest of the day. They even had free popcorn for us to eat!


Along with this awesome, GIGANTIC chair.

By the time Eric finished up, it was around 5 o'clock. I really wanted to go see the Burros in Oatman, AZ again, but was worried we would miss them because they head into the hills around dusk. We took our chances, and hurried over there as fast as we could, only to find the roads covered in Burro poop, but no Burros. I'm not going to lie, it was a crushing blow. If you have not yet been to Oatman, GO! Seriously! I think it is so cool there.

On our way to Laughlin we spotted a Burro heading into the hills and quickly stopped to try and see him (or her), but by the time we all got out of the car, he had high-tailed it out of there. Another crushing blow. I herded everyone quickly back into the car, because I must confess that every time I am out in the wilderness all I can picture are snakes jumping, or slithering out and scaring me to death. It's a sickness.

See below for part 2.

2 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

Sorry you didn't get to see the burros! I think you have a healthy fear of snakes. You do hear stories of them attacking people in the middle of nowhere. It could happen, better safe than sorry :)

Rachael said...

Three pools in one day??? You are crazy!! I love that huge chair!!!!