Friday, April 15, 2011

Nevada Reading Week

I know the kids love it. But really, can't we just get rid of all days that they have to dress up for school? Or maybe spread them out a bit. But a week or dress-up days pushes me over the edge.

MONDAY: Crazy Accessory Day


Ok. I admit fairly easy day.

TUESDAY: Shirt With Words Day


Ok. Even easier.

WEDNESDAY: Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character


Not easy. This year each class chose a book, and everyone in class had to dress up like a character from the same book. Megan's class chose Alice In Wonderland. Hence, Megan was Alice. Jackson's class chose a book about a Princess, Prince, Horse, Pig, and Cat. He doesn't remember the name. So Jackson was a Prince. It's a good thing I am somewhat of a hoarder. I can't tell you  how many times that Pilgrim apron Megan is wearing has gotten some use!

THURSDAY: Rock Star Day

Playing air guitar. Quite possibly my favorite day, but slightly time consuming.

FRIDAY: Pajama Day!

Easy peasy! Just roll out of bed.

I admit that it ended up being quite fun. Except for today when Megan and I argued over what P.J.'s she would wear to school. Megan won.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Jackson is quite the good looking rock star!!Meagan too. We just had Spirit week also. I do agree about the extra time it takes. It is fun though.

Rachael said...

I know it is fun for the kids but I just wasn't feeling it this year.
I am amazed that your pilgrim costume gets so much use too! Who would've guessed!!! Maybe I should make one for my kids! So I don't have to borrow yours...although with the kids going to the same school next year I am sure Megan will be wearing it!