It did bring a bit of color to our morning.
Sade's toes brought a bit of color to the bath. As you can see she branched out and chose multiple colors, instead of her usual pink and purple.
After showering, we headed over to a friends house to discuss a Young Women's lesson. Sadie and I are crossing our fingers that the car would start. We had had quite a bit of trouble getting it to start earlier in the morning. We still had trouble this time also, but eventually it turned over! Hallelujah!! I am more than ready for a new car.
Sadie was able to play with her good friend for quite awhile. Here they are playing store. They also like to play house while together. I heard Sade refer to herself as Mama many times.
We stopped by Fresh & Easy on the way home. This sign is one of the many reasons I love it there. They also have special Hybrid parking available, but I have NEVER seen anyone parked in it.
One of Sadie's many daytime snacks. Isn't it exciting that it is cheap strawberry season once again?!
After cleaning, I retired to my bed to read this book. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea why it took me this long to read the Hunger Games trilogy. I am loving them.
Sade and I had many cups of tea throughout the afternoon.
Then we made dinner. While making spaghetti, Sadie likes to take the noodles and make the letters she knows. It was only Sadie and I for dinner, because Eric was still working (of course), and Megan and Jackson went to a friends house after school. I was really missing them, and was quite bored! I am not loving that they (especially Megan) have this entire separate life away from home. It seems like Megan suddenly has this busy social life, and is gone all the time! Especially on the weekends.
Woo-Hoo! They finally arrived home around 7! Then they proceeded to drive me crazy. I had to remind myself how bored I was without them.
Although they had just eaten dinner, Jackson and Sadie were soon scrounging for food.
Jackson reading before bed. His reading has improved so much this year. My kids have been so lucky to have great teachers. I attribute this to me sucking up to their teachers all year, so in turn they choose great teachers for my kids the next year. It totally works!
1 comment:
I can't wait to be bored when my childreen are gone, right now it seems like the impossible dream! I haven't read the hunger games and everyone looks at me crazy. I love your 12x12's! I had decided this was the month I was going to start them, now I am hoping for May :)
Post a Comment