Thursday, May 27, 2010

Three For Thursday

1. I am happy to show-off my very first pinewood derby car, made exclusively by me!


I am pleased with the final product, and named it "Lightning Fast!". It was a no-rules Young Women/Young Men activity. I was unwilling to sacrifice cuteness by adding weight to my car, so it ended up not quite living up to its name.

2. Another Day, Another Shooting


Last night there was a shooting a couple of neighborhoods away from us. What I find so interesting is that my kids are not the slightest bit phased by it. Apparently they are true Las Vegans.

3. Am I the only one completely in love with Bret Michaels?


The bandanna! The Cowboy Hat! The rocker t-shirts! The blue eyes! His penchant for strippers! Okay, maybe not the last one, but still. I have loved him since I was 10. Yes, even during the Rock Of Love years. I am sure you can only imagine the peril I have been going through during all of his health problems, and waiting to hear if he would be at the Apprentice finale! I was so happy he made it. I just may have to go to a Poison concert soon. Anyone want to go with me???

6 comments:

Kellie DeMille said...

I haven't heard about the shooting yet. Unless they break into SpongeBob programming I hear nothing. I was not a fan of Bret Michaels until the Rock of Love shows. They're just train wrecks you get to watch every week. I also loved the Flavor of Love shows. Bret is hands down better to watch than Flava Flav! Congrats on the pine wood derby, the car looks cool and that's the most important part :)

Jossie said...

Um I think Bret Michaels is pretty hot too :-)

Melissa Summers said...

First of all. love the pine wood derby car, second Brandon does those same silly faces in every shot. 3rd, I thought Bret Michaels was a little nuts and then I watched him on Apprentice and learned to like him. I am glad he won. BTW I agree with Kellie Flava Flav is a thumbs down.

Rachael said...

I didn't hear about the shooting either but why would I...it didn't happen in Arizona! Did they catch the guy? What neighborhood?
Brett Michaels is hot! Good job on the pinewood derby car...impressive.

Autumn said...

I'll go to the concert with you!! Those blue eyes are killer!! I am a fan!!

Kate said...

I always wonder if Bret (one t!) is nearly bald with long hair around the outside because he always has on a bandanna or hat or BOTH. On a side note, a room mother gave me one of those long scarves that people wear, you know, like a summer scarf. It is cute but I'm not sure how to wear it so while I was cleaning today I was tying it randomly around my body including my head and I was reminded of one time when we were playing flag football I think on Old Main Hill and we had the flags/bandannas on our heads and your hair was long and I was SHOCKED that you looked just like Axl Rose. Do you remember this? It would have made an easy Halloween costume for you but now he has dreadlocks and a bloated face so there is no longer any resemblance. How sad for Axl.