Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An Athletic Evening Out

I will start this post off by saying, heaven knows I love spending time with my kids, but it is so nice to do activities without them once in a while! This past Saturday we spent our kid-free time golfing.


First of all, I have never before seen so many bunnies in my life. They were everywhere! We almost ran over two, and one of my balls came within inches of whacking one on the head (It didn't even flinch!). They were seriously cute.


Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I have to admit that I was pretty......TERRIBLE. I don't profess to be a good golfer, but this was almost a new low for me. It was so bad that after the first hole I told Eric I didn't even want to keep my score.


I was also doing some crazy move that I have never done before that caused me to hit my arm with a club 3 times! I didn't realize it was possible to get a goose egg on my arm, but I did.


Eric on the other hand had one of his best games ever!


Good for him! I am trying to hold no resentment.


8 comments:

Melissa Summers said...

The last time I played golf I apparently only used my hands and wrists and not my back or arms. My wrists were so sore I couldnt move them for 2 days without pain. I did have fun though!! Love the shadow picture!!

Kalena and Justin said...

Your blog always makes me smile. What a fun night out for you two, and even if you didnt have a score :) looks like you still had a blast.

bloodfamily said...

Oh Sarah you are more brave than I am. I have tried and tried to play golf~think I have the perfect form~then hit the ground solid with a thud. It just plain hurts my body. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I'm with Melissa~love the shadow picture.

Kellie DeMille said...

Were you at Angel Park? We go there for Special Olympics. They say that people actually drop unwanted bunnies off there in the night and now they are over running their place. I'm glad you two had fun!

Rachael said...

Looks like a fun date. I can't wait for Steve and I to be able to go on dates ALONE again!

Melissa B said...

That is a LOT of bunnies! I love golfing, but am really terrible. We never keep score. I like the picture at the end of your two shadows.

Ralaina said...

Love your posts! It's so nice that you and Eric can golf together. That is a heck of a shiner though, I would like to see how you did that with the club. It's great to see you running. I wonder why you get sick that is not good. I hope it gets better. I cannot wait to get together!! I need to quit having so much fun riding horses and start running!!! Keep it up, your awesome!! Love ya!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.