Last Thursday was Jackson's Kindergarten Graduation. They have been practicing for weeks, and it paid off. It was quite possibly one of the cutest things ever witnessed, and I admit that I had 3 teary-eyed moments! They were supposed to perform outside in the courtyard, but since it was windy Thursday (no big surprise there), they moved the performance inside.
This is the set they built.
They did a couple of skits, and sang some songs.
Then they handed out the diplomas!
After the diploma's were handed out each child told us what they wanted to be when they grow up. There were lots of teachers, fire-fighters, Wolverine, a transformer, and a police officer (Jackson's answer).
We then headed back to the classroom for the rest of the program. The kids performed all of the songs they have learned this year, in front of a screen that was showing pictures from the entire year.
I almost broke down when they started putting their arms around each other and swaying to the music, but somehow managed to hold it together. We then headed outside for lunch and the pinata!!
Jackson was so excited to have Eric there. When he saw him arrive for the program he could not stop smiling. He then turned to the kid next to him and said, "That's my dad." It was almost another crying moment.
Jackson with his teacher.
With his diploma. Doesn't he look so cool in his cap and gown? Jackson had a great year, and is ready for 1st grade. If only I was ready to send him.
Friday was the 3rd trimester awards for Megan. Once again she received the Principal's Honor Roll Award, and the Great Attendance award!
With her fellow 4th grade straight A honorees.
She has worked extremely hard this year, and I couldn't be prouder.
2 comments:
Oh I got teary eyed when you said he turned to his friend and said, Thats my dad! How sweet is that! So cute! Congrats Megan on great grades!!!
What a cute graduation. I love the slide show idea. I wanted to do that at kiddie kollege but no one ever listened to me! Oh well, way to hold it together Mom!
Post a Comment