1. I do love to coupon, but I have now discovered that if I go to the grocery store and come away not saving 60 percent I am disappointed. I must get over this feeling, but once you have received so many things for free, it is difficult to accept that you must actually pay for things. Although documenting coupon savings is not thrilling to those who do not coupon, it is thrilling to me. So, here are some of my results from last week that resulted in a 69% savings.
2.This last weekend Eric and I went and saw the movie Angles & Demons. I really enjoyed it, but I am not sure about the approximately 10 children, ages infant through 8 years old that were there! After we left I thought for sure it was Rated R, but I just looked it up and it is PG-13. There were many seriously disturbing scenes, and I know my 8 year old and 4 year old would have freaked out. I was just really surprised so many children were there.
8 comments:
I love couponing as well. But I am with you in the disappointment factor. I have not had much luck the past few weeks, but last week I did save $45 (and got the electrasol for .49) but I only saved about 40%.
I love that you post your savings! I'm just waiting for my coupons to pile up a little. I would definitely not take my young kids to that movie and I am not a good mom either then. We never fingerpaint :-)
We finger painted once last year...and then I put them in the pool to wash off!
I love your savings! I have been meaning to ask you about your Target shopping experience! I need to hit up that website you have on your sidebar!
I am always amazed when I see young kids at the movies Steve and I go see...I think the last one was The Day the Earth Stood Still. Yeah lets show them all the destruction that could happen in the world. I am sure they have nightmares at night...nothing like a bottle of Kool-Aid won't cure!
I can't seem to get a hang of the couponing thing. I find that I end up swinging by the grocery store and forgetting to check the coupon stuff. I love to see peoples savings though I wish they were mine. I too am surprised that people bring in small children to scary movies. As for the finger painting - my kids have done way worse - we are crazy at my house. You are welcome to bring your kids over to experience that stuff at my house - or worse! lol I'm a crazy MOM.
I just started couponing. I haven't figured out how to organize them though. It takes a long time to sort through them. It is so inspiring seeing how much you save. Keep posting about your savings. I can't wait to see Angels and Demons. I read the book a couple years ago. You will not see my "angels" (not) in the theater with me!
We have a painting easel at home. That we don't use enough. I wish I would just let loose and let the girls go to town with it. It's all washable, right?
I think it is fun seeing your coupon savings. :)
I just don't have the energy to coupon. It seems like it takes so much time. Do you have any tricks? I'll have to look at the sites like Rachael said above. On the movie thing, I remember going to see Saving Private Ryan (more Tom Hanks!) and there were two or three little kids sitting behind us with their parents and every time someone got their arm shot off I would look back at them to see if they were ok. Crazy that people take their kids to stuff like that. I sadly have not gone to the movies since Abby was born EIGHT MONTHS AGO and I was thinking of seeing Angels and Demons this weekend. Hope it's worth the trip.
I hate couponing but love to save money. I let my kids paint but I have very little carpet!! As for the movies it is appalling!! My kids get to go to the movie only when there is something spectacular that has to be seen on the big screen but at $10 a ticket we do not bring our kids. My kids often see movies I do not want them seeing at friends houses. How can I stop that!!
Post a Comment