Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Eric and I are both indecisive. This manifests itself in many different ways, but never more apparent than when deciding what to have for dinner. You will often here, "What do you want for dinner? I don't know, what to you want?" And so on and so on. Well on Mother's Day, Father's Day, or Birthday's, the person we are celebrating is forced to choose where to eat. The other person loves this, since they will not have to make the decision. Well since it was Mother's Day I was given the responsibility of choosing. I chose Chilis, because I love it, but also because it is kid friendly and they have a call ahead list so we don't have to wait for hours. Here is a picture of Miss Sade at dinner.

She was a messy disaster, but enjoys feeding herself. What is a mother to do?

On Mother's Day, Eric and the kids always bring me breakfast in bed. They bring it to me and then I take it out to the table and eat with them. Mostly because I find it difficult to eat in bed, and I would be awfully lonely eating all by myself. Eric really outdid himself this year. He made spinach, mushroom omelets, sausage, and toast. Then I got to open my presents. Eric gave me a beautiful watch, necklace and earrings, and of course flowers. Then it was time to open my handmade gifts and cards from the kids (my favorite part). Megan is very thoughtful, and crafty and always comes up with unique gift ideas. This year she made me this cool purse out of a Ziploc bag and ribbon. If you could see it close up you would be amazed. The bag is perfectly cut and the ribbon is tied professionally. She has skills! She also made me a charm bracelet for my purse, and a card made out of a paper plate with coupons attached.


Jackson made me these earrings. Megan supervised, but Jackson chose all of the beads himself.

We spent the rest of the day in St. George with my mom. I had a great Mother's Day, and I truly hope all of you did too!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

What a cute picture of you with your new earrings! I love that Megan made you a purse!
I agree breakfast in bed is a strange concept. I personally don't function yet until I have my contacts in and teeth brushed!

rachel said...

What a cute family! I love the earings, Jackson did a great job and that ziplock purse was adorable. Homemade gifts are the best!