Friday, February 27, 2009

Five For Friday-Earthquake Edition

1. This morning we had an earthquake. When the house started to shake I immediately thought that it was awfully early for jets to be flying around. It took me a minute to realize there was no noise outside, and thereby no jets. It was quite surreal.

2. Just a random picture of my kids this morning. Instead of being wrapped up in blankets while watching cartoons, they took the towels that were laying on the couch awaiting folding. Don't they look sweet sharing the same towel.

3. Last year we broke down and bought a security door. I had resisted it for some time, for obvious reasons (which I don't want to go into but mostly encompass trashiness-not really trashiness but rather feeling like I live in a really scary neighborhood, when I really don't feel that way). But after hearing about a lot of break-ins and being envious of other people who had them who could leave them open to let fresh air in, I decided the time was right to purchase one. I have to say that I LOVE IT! Especially in this weather. I leave my front door open all day, which lets so much fresh air in, and I feel totally secure doing it. YEAH!!


4. I have mentioned before that Eric is very handy, and can fix anything. I love this quality in a man. Last week I was trying to take a bag of popcorn away from Sadie. She was resisting and in the process ended up flinging it all over the desk and into the printer. We cleaned it out, but it still would not work. Last night Eric stayed up late, took it all apart, and now it is working again. I am so thankful.

When he gets home from work there is a new project waiting for him. One of our toilets is broken once again. . At least once a year one of our toilets breaks. I know they get a lot of use, and they are probably cheap toilets, but really. If it were up to me to fix them our plumbing bill would be enormous. Do your toilets also break often?

5. And finally, I got a new phone. I have had my old phone for almost 3 years and it showed. The back fell off of it at least a year and a half ago, the battery only held a charge for about 12 hours, and worst off all I could only accept incoming calls. That's right, I could not make any outgoing calls, which is really what you need a cell phone for.

My old phone.

My new phone. So anyone that has not been texting me or calling me on my cell, I am now back in business.

7 comments:

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I am glad that you said there was an earthquake today. I thought I was totally crazy! I watched the news and didn't see anything mentioned on it. Maybe I didn't watch long enough.

bloodfamily said...

Wow - an earthquake? I was out of town so I missed it. Love, love, love your new security door. New phone too. I'm sure that I will be texting you now.

Melissa Summers said...

I need your cell Number so I can call and bug you.

Rachel H. said...

we had an earthquake?

Melissa B said...

i too had no idea there was an earthquake until i saw it on the news. i still don't even know what time it happened. also, i really like your security door, i would love to get one so that i can leave my front door open in this beautiful weather. i love that spring starts so early in vegas!

Rachael said...

Really...we had an earthquake? I had no idea! I am so glad you got a new phone...and now I can text and bug you all the time!
I felt the same way about security screens when we first got ours but now I don't see them as ghetto...in some neighborhoods they are a necessity!
I love that Eric knows how to fix things. I could give him a few things to keep him busy!!!

Jossie said...

I can't believe I didn't see this post :-) I also felt the earthquake while Tyler and I were watching cartoons in the morning. I thought I was crazy until I saw it on the news. By the way, I LOVE your new phone...I'm a little jealous.