1. I have been dealing with sick kids for over a week and a half and it got me thinking what in the world would I do if I worked outside of the home. I would have just missed the last week and a half of work which I am sure my employers would not appreciate. Eric doesn't have a job that he can just take a sick day and we don't have family in town to watch sick kids, so I would be s**t out of luck.
2. This last week was Nevada Reading Week. I love that so many kids participate and so many parents make an effort. It was especially exciting because on most of the days the kids were not required to wear their uniforms. Here are a few pictures:
3. Jackson's school celebrated silly sock day this week. He was also the spot-light and got to make a poster and fill out a booklet all about himself.
4. Eric had a friend, Crystal, come into town last week for a conference. They were friends in high-school and hadn't seen each other in 20 years. Here they are at Prom in high school:
And here they are now:FYI: We went to the Rio Buffet and they are doing half price this month for locals. So instead of paying $24 a person, you pay $12. It is an amazing deal.
5. I have lightened my hair. Actually Eric lightened my hair and I am very happy with the results. I tend to change my hair color from brown to blond at least once a year, and every time I do it I think, "Oh yeah, this is the hair color I like." I am sure it will change again soon.
6. Today I also say goodbye to Sarah Prine. If you don't know who she is you should immediately read the book These Is My Words and then right after that read the other two books in the series. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a series of books so much, and These Is My Words received 5 stars from me on GoodReads. This is rare, so you know I loved it. You don't just have to take my word for it, everyone I know that has read these books, loved them also.
2 comments:
First off...LOVE THAT PICTURE OF YOU! It is a keeper!
I am sad that I am on the last book and will probably draw it out!
Love the pictures of Eric and Crystal!
This week is our NV reading week so I will have some fun pictures but I love that Megan was Junie B Jones...it was perfect!
Glad all the kids are well again!
Oh I will read these immediately!!
Post a Comment