I am just as shocked as you that I am posting this picture, but this is how my day typically starts out. After Eric feeds the kids breakfast (he gets up much earlier than me), Sadie starts wandering the house, eventually ending up next to my bed. She continually says, "up" until I comply. She is not much of a
cuddler, but will sit in bed and play with me for a few minutes until she gets bored.

I usually take the kids to school, but since Eric was still home, he took Megan for me. She had a Student Council meeting so she had to leave earlier than she usually does.

Sadie actually took 2 naps today. I have stopped giving her a morning nap, but today she was extra tired. She never cries when she wakes up, just sits in her bed and talks until we come and get her.

Rachael and I met up for lunch. We used to go to each others house and cook each other lunch, now we just eat out. Today we had Chinese. Our boys are usually crazy, but I think they were better behaved than usual. Our waitress took this picture, and it took her forever! I am shocked the kids are still looking at the camera.

This is what I spend most of my afternoons doing. CLEANING. I got quite a bit done, and even fixed the vacuum. Yeah!


After Sadie's second nap, we went to pick up Megan from school. She walks to her friend's house and I pick her up from there. I think it probably takes more time for me (I spend a lot of time waiting for her to get there), but she loves being able to walk with her friends, and I don't have to deal with the crazy traffic by her school.

After school the kids finished working on their Valentine's for their parties on Friday. Jackson chose soccer and basketball valentines (the same one's he chose last year) and Megan chose
Spongebob. While writing his name Jackson continues to switch back and forth between his right and left hand. If anyone knows anyone that is
ambidextrous and has any advice, I would love to hear it.

Eric arrived home around 6:15 p.m. I am jealous of the reception he gets when he gets home. As soon as they hear the lock, the kids run as fast as they can to the door. Jackson and Sadie do it everyday, Megan is now about 50/50.

Eric brought home dinner, AGAIN. It is no secret that I don't like to cook, but I do really need to change. I am pretty sure that I have not cooked dinner in a week. We had
Chipotle, which has replaced
Zaba's as my favorite.

I had a meeting at 7. Lately Jackson has been having a really hard time whenever I leave. After this hug Eric had to pull him away from me crying.

After a very long meeting (almost 3 hours) I came home to all of the kids in bed, so Eric and I caught up a bit on 24. I then took a bath (which I do
every night), and got into bed to read. I was able to finish my book and went to sleep around 12:30. Eric was still working away in the office. It was a pretty typical day.
9 comments:
I love that we are great friends, peers and have a ton in common but that our days are so completely different! For example, I had the Valentine's day party that kids and their parents stayed up preparing for. Awesome. I can't get over how fast and how much you read. Very cool.
My Tyler is ambidextrous, but is now favoring his right hand in writing, but that has only happened as he has gotten older. I think at some point Jackson will start to favor one hand or another. Although in sports or other things he still uses both.
I love the first pic of you...beautiful Sarah!
No more lunch cooking? Now you're eating out? Man...I gotta come back there. How fun!
Love the 12x12 idea!
What a great post! I loved that first picture as well :-) Tyler will come into my room in the morning too and I can usually let him watch cartoons for about 30-45 minutes while I can get a tad bit more sleep :-)
I love that you did this. What a great memory it will being one day! It isn't fair the reception the dad's get! Just leave more often and then you'll get yours! Seriously could the waitress have taken longer to get that picture. I am surprised the kids were still looking 10 minutes later too! I am glad to make an appearance in your first 12x12! Next month I will probably make it too since it lands on Thursday and that seems to be our 'lunch' day! Olive Garden or Great Harvest I am sure!
Fun post. I think it will be so nice to have this record of what your typical days are like.
I love it! The pictures all look great and you look great in all of the ones your in, beautiful with or without makeup. Love the 12x12.
I have really missed out over the past couple of months. You do such a good job on your blog. My resolution was to do better on mine but I am doing much worse :) I'll be back into the blog soon though I hope!
I would give anything to look as good as you do first thing in the morning :)
I really miss all of you guys, everytime I see your blogs I get lonesome for you I think I need to come down on Thursday for lunch :)
Love ya tons!
Whatever changing you are doing, I think you are great!! I love your blog. It inspires me. I love that you embrace who you are, imperfections and all. I love this day to day stuff. I just wish I could go out to lunch with you and the kids.
Post a Comment