My Megan is quite the individual. She is a whole lot of things including independent and sure of herself. Recently Eric went to parent teacher conferences and told me a couple of things that I want to remember about her. After they discussed academics (which Megan did great on,
WooHoo!) they talked about a few other things. Her teacher mentioned that Megan seems to have a
highly developed sense of humor for her age, which the boys seemed to really respond to. Oh great! I asked Eric is she was referring to her new sarcastic nature. Megan is quite quick witted, and I admit that I do enjoy
sarcasm, but I had no idea she had this persona at school. She also mentioned that Megan's desk was quite messy. When I asked Megan about it, I expected her to get defensive. But she just said, "Yep, that's pretty true." It made me laugh. She gets her messiness from me.
Megan expressing her individuality with hair.


This is how she did it the other morning. And for the record she wore it like this all day (including a trip to Costco and
Wal-Mart).
4 comments:
Cute Megan. How I envy her confidence. This is a strong point that will get her through life, enjoy it.
She will be one of those girls that will be a tread setter...or maybe she will be sitting alone with her crazy outfits and hair concoctions while all the other girls snicker at her! JK....good for you to let her leave the house like that!
I think it is awesome you let her do her hair and wear it like that. It helps her feel independent. Emma wore a low ponytail everyday in 2nd grade because she could do it herself and it she said it made her feel like a big girl. Not the way I would have done her hair but it made her happy. Enough said.
This made me laugh!! We have a little girl in our ward who does this and she comes up with some good ones. Hears to you mom for letting her be an individual!! Thank goodness she is cute enough to pull it off!!
Post a Comment