Monday, December 8, 2008

Too Cool For Winter

I have been wondering when Eric would forgo his summer work wardrobe for his winter one, and thought for sure today would be the day (since it is freezing outside), but no. His is still holding on to his shorts and short-sleeved shirts.


Also, my little Megan refuses to wear a coat. This is not a new occurrence. She wouldn't wear one last year either. I have given up trying to get her to wear a big coat to school, but do force her to bring a jacket. She will put it on, but will not zip it up, and as soon as she gets to school she takes it off and puts it in her backpack (that's right, I have spied on her). I'm sure she has somehow determined that it is not cool to wear a coat. But already? She is only a 3rd grader. I was at least in middle school before I was too cool for a coat. Maybe Eric also feels that he is way too cool for warm clothes.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

I don't ever remember thinking it wasn't cool to wear a coat. Eric has got to be freezing! I was cold today but then again I still wear my flip flops!

bloodfamily said...

Sounds like your little girl is a "hot mama" and takes after her Dad. I too never wore a coat, and still wear shorts in the winter.

Melissa B said...

Today was cold, I used my seat heaters in my car for the first time this winter. My little sister also refused to wear a coat for pretty much all of middle school and high school. What's with that? I'm with Rachael, I never thought it was uncool to wear a coat.

Melissa Summers said...

I wanted to comment on the wedding photo. Matt and I got married quickly too and I had to put a reception together but could have cared less. I rented my dress. I was just focused on the fact that I was getting married to Matt and nothing else mattered. It has been 11 years now. Love him more than I did the day we married.

Jossie said...

Too funny :-) I think coats are very cool (and potentially very stylish!) and I LOVE pulling our my red winter coat! I, like Rachael, still will wear flip flops though :-) Have sort of moved on to ballet flats but that still means no socks :-)

Ralaina said...

My kids also hate to wear coats especially the "puffy" ones that make them look fat. Oh my gosh, can you believe it and they don't get that from me because I don't say that even if I feel like it. I love that you spied and found out she was putting it in her backpack :)
At least it is warm enough for shorts there.

Autumn said...

It must be a McClellan thing!! Nate and CJ are the same way. Lucky for Nate he is a PE teacher!!