Thursday, December 4, 2008

9

See those two people that look really far away? That's Eric and I getting married 9 years ago today. I would post a picture of us closer up, maybe longingly looking into each other's eyes, but I don't have one. That's right, I own no pictures of just the two of us on our wedding day. It is the one thing I would change. Well, that is not entirely true. I would also probably elope since I am not much for ceremony.
Our wedding was probably the closest thing you can get to eloping, without actually doing it. Thinking back I realize how little interest I took in it. It was very small, we had no reception, and I didn't pay much attention to the details. But neither did anyone else, hence a dress I didn't like and no pictures! Regardless, it was the day that changed my life forever.
I was so incredibly in love with Eric (still am, but I am focusing on my feelings 9 years ago). I thought he could do no wrong, was the most wonderful person on earth, and wanted to spend every minute I had with him. I just wanted to marry him. I didn't care how. I didn't care who was there. I didn't care what I was wearing. I didn't care how I looked. I didn't care where we were married or when. I just knew we had to be together. We got married pretty quickly. We were both sure, and wanted it done. Simply, I love him.

8 comments:

The McClellan Family said...

You know I wanted to fly to Hawaii, get married in the temple and just relax there with Chad for a week or so. I didn't care who was there, no reception, no details, etc. . . I just wanted to marry the man I loved in paradise.

Chad managed to talk me into a big reception with friends and family and lots of pictures. I am now glad I did, but I am pretty sure I would be just as happy if we had a small intimate wedding.

I am not all about the big celebration but more about the meaning and purpose of the wedding ceremony. It was an amazing day May 5, 2006. My wedding day also changed my life forever - definately for the better.

Rachael said...

I love seeing this picture of you two...I would love to see a close up picture though...seriously...no one has one?
What a beautiful post! You guys are so cute!
You do have the close ups of the temple pictures though!

bloodfamily said...

What an awesome feeling - to love your spouse entirely. You guys are great together. Only one picture - that's all that you need though - proof! That, and of course the marriage certificate. I'm glad that you guys got to go to the temple though. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. It's quite an accomplishment. I hope that you get to celebrate!

Kerri said...

Happy Anniversary! It's great seeing your wedding picture. Look how much has changed in 9 years!

Eric said...

Pictures don't come close to what I have in my heart! I Love You Sarah! Happy Anniversary!

Yvonne S. said...

I remember being there that day and thinking how in love you guys were and I am sure still are! What a special feeling it is to know that you married your true love!! For those of us who did get to share that day with you thank you, it was a beautiful thing to watch! I will leave my address on your email I don't want sickos seeing it.

Ralaina said...

I think that is a beautiful picture and you really need just one it makes it more special!

Autumn said...

I remember that day!! You looked beautiful and the little church was so cute!! The one thing I remember most is how happy Eric was and how excited he was to marry you. It was a very good day. I remember the family dinner the night before. We had so much fun laughing and talking!! It is always fun to get together with those we love!! You two were made for each other!! And every time I see Eric I know he is just as happy and in love with you as he was the day you got married. That is good to see!!