Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas, Christmas Time Was Here

I love Christmas. What else can I say? Ours was great this year. We started off the festivities by unwrapping one gift on Christmas Eve.

Jackson had a hard time deciding. He wanted to make sure he opened a "fun" one. I helped steer him away from any clothing items, and he was happy with his choice (a toy ATV).

Megan has know for quite a while which present she was going to open. It was a present from Jackson, and here is her reaction when she realized what it was:

It was a new skateboard. It was the only thing she asked for for Christmas.

Sadie tried to unwrap her gift. But once she discovered the ribbon, she wrapped it around her neck and was content with that.

I received a really cute black shirt from my sister-in-law Krista. However, now I would like to talk a bit about the gift Eric received. I am sure many of you that have seen Sportscenter have seen the numerous commercials for FatHeads. If you haven't, they are GIANT vinyl stickers that you place on your wall. Just picture a life size football player of your choice on the wall in your home. I mentioned to Eric that he can pretty well count on never receiving one as a gift, but I failed to remember that he has a few single brothers left who think that it is the perfect gift. So now I have a huge (5 ft. by 4ft.) SeaHawks helmet to display somewhere. Yeah right. I told Eric maybe this would be motivation for cleaning the garage so he could enjoy it out there.


CHRISTMAS DAY

Like everyday, Megan woke up early. However, she didn't come and wake us up, she just turned on the cartoons, like everyday, and waited for everyone to get up. I thought for sure Jackson would come and get us up when he woke up, but no. He just hopped on the couch and watched cartoons with Megan.

Santa Came

My mom playing with the kids. She is the best pretend player I know. She plays with them continually and they love it.

We finished off the day by playing the Wii Eric's family gave us. It is 2 days later and I have to admit that I have some soreness in my legs today. Either I am quite out of shape, or am a very vigorous player.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

WOW-you guys really did Christmas big this year! Looks like they had a great time. I am sure Eli would love to come play with Jackson's toys! I am glad Megan got her skateboard-even though you and I have our own opinions about them!
Glad you got the Wii-it really is a ton of fun!

bloodfamily said...

I love Megan's reaction - so endearing! Looks like you guys had alot of fun. We haven't got a Wii yet, but it sounds like alot of fun! Love your new Happy New Year blog background, too.

Kate said...

I remember convincing my mom to let me open a gift on Christmas Eve one year for the first time because your family did it. You were at my house and we were going to go ice skating after. My totally awesome present was...Michael Jackson-Black and White on cassette! It was very exciting.

Jossie said...

Ha! I can't wait to see how that FatHead looks in your house, LOL! My aunt got a Wii for Christmas and after playing tennis two nights in a row (on top of actual snowboarding on Saturday) I can barely walk! It's nice that a video game can give you a workout! Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas!