Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SPT


The challenge this month is to highlight one thing per week that you have been inspired to do "because of a blogger."

Entertaining/Parties

Hmmm. First of all, there are so darn many amazing bloggers out there, with so darn many good ideas when it comes to entertaining. However, I have not actually taken any of these good ideas and ran with them, so for this SPT I am giving my favorite party idea. It is not extravagant or exciting, but nonetheless it is one I use every year on my kids birthdays.
When it was time to open presents at my kids parties I noticed that there tended to be a lot of crowding, yelling, and mayhem. So a few years ago we started setting up two chairs.

One for the birthday kid to sit in, and one for the kid who was giving the gift to sit in. That way everyone could see, my kids were able to actually see who gave them the gift, and thank them properly after they opened it. It also gave me a chance to take pictures of everyone at the party. So although not super exciting, it has been practical.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this idea - seems like a no-brainer, and yet, my brain would have never thought of it!

thanks for sharing.

Rachael said...

Way to pull out this SPT! I still have nothing!

Jossie said...

What a great idea :-)

Cassidy said...

That is such a great idea! I will have to try that out!