Sunday, November 23, 2014

Seven Peaks

While in Provo we visited Seven Peaks water park, along with approx. 90% of the entire Provo population. It was packed when we arrived around 3 p.m. and we had to wait in a pretty long line to get in. 


While Eric and the bigger kids rode slides, Sade and I attempted to float in the lazy river, but really it was nearly impossible. We were packed in tube right against tube.


Check out the kids area: 


I know I grew up in Utah, but truly I was shocked by Utah parents. It was kind of like a no discipline free for all. And....There were numerous little kids swimming in the kids area completely unsupervised. It was really strange.

There was one particular slide in the kids area that was super slow. Sade came to a complete stop multiple times: 


So the next time she went down it I convinced her to go down on her knees. We will just say that there was no stopping this time. She flew down that slide! Look at the picture evidence: 


I felt kind of bad, but given that she wasn't injured, and we got this awesome picture out of it, I'm glad I encouraged the knee sliding.

Around 4 p.m. a lot of people went home and our experience drastically improved. Seven Peaks is pretty awesome. More pics: 


Happy, happy, joy, joy: 


The Sheik as we were leaving: 


Our only regret was that we didn't have an extra day to go back. 

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Another thing that was on my to do list in Utah...

chercard said...

We love seven peaks. The provo location is so much better than the salt lake one! And I have been amazed at the lack of parenting too.