While in Utah I thought it would be great fun to rent tubes and float down the Provo river. Alas, Jackson and Sadie were not old enough. But they were old enough to float down on a raft!
All life jacketed up:
They drive you to the river in this old school bus. I about died from the awesomeness.
They basically give you absolutely no direction or guidance, throw you in a raft, and send you on down the river.
All aboard:
There was a STEEP learning curve. We ran into bushes and trees more times than I would ever admit. Poor Sadie was often in the tree path but employed survival mechanisms to keep herself safe:
They did instruct us that we would eventually come to two bridges. At this point we were supposed to maneuver over to the side of the river, and carry our raft to safety.
Success!
Back in business:
More rafting pics:
After a few hours we arrived at the destination point. We are apparently very slow rafters as EVERYONE else in our group finished long before us. I really enjoyed this activity, and I think Eric did too, but the kids were not overly thrilled with the experience. Little scrooges.
1 comment:
Oh sooooooo fun!!!! I love floating down a river!!
Post a Comment